Lollipop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lollipop

I have seen the treehouse lollipop bushings, but I just found AKG makes them too. Any one else using them? I would love some feed back!

I also want to put in polly subframe bushings. What brand and kind should I get?

This is for my DD/scca solo-x car. I my e30 loves 'em stiff!
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Treehouse racing.

Comment

I have the tree house eyeball arms, woulda loved to have seen these and saved 40 bucks.

They kick serious ass btw. (the treehouse ones)

On second thought those look kinda sketch. I'd go with the treehouse ones. There good people. My order seemed to have slipped through their computer or some shit but they cleared it up after I called em up.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Thanks, I was not sure on how the AKG ones hold up. For extra 20 I'll get the treehouse ones.

Anyone know a good brand for the subframe mounts? I think the red AKG ones for 100 is a great deal.
        Last edited by F34R; 10-28-2010, 11:46 PM.

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I have the treehouse lollipops and AKG bushings everywhere else. AKG bushings are great, but I have no experience with their lollipops. Can't go wrong with my combo!
          -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Those look like they would be good for the e36 swap guys?

Comment

the akg bushings are a very nice product.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Heim joints are a high quality design and work well for race applications, but as a replacement for bushings they would be a fairly harsh ride for the street.
                Jason

Comment

Originally posted by MoparJ View Post
                  Heim joints are a high quality design and work well for race applications, but as a replacement for bushings they would be a fairly harsh ride for the street.
                  Over solid polly bushings? If so link me, I am not in need of comfort.

P.S. Suspensions suck SO MUCH MONEY on the builds.
                  Last edited by F34R; 10-29-2010, 12:06 AM.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I'd still go with treehouses solid mount, it is of one piece design.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                      Over solid polly bushings?
                      Yes, although not by a whole lot. A heim joint is all metal; a type of bearing for the most part, so it will still be more harsh than a bushing, even a hard duro poly or thin thermoplastic bushing.
                      Jason

Comment

My ride quality isn't that bad.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

The ride quality should be the same at least what you will feel behind
                          the wheel will be almost the same.

The THR unit has the advantage of being a solid mount+no maintenance
                          whatsoever. They are also super easy to install.

The AKG unit has the advantage of being adjustable but also the
                          disavantage/possiblity of becoming loose and heim joints need to
                          be cleaned/checked for wear often(will wear faster than THR's).
                          I love most parts AKG sell but this part really deserves this warning:
                          Recommended for race use only

Also getting replacement parts for the THR's are probably cheaper
                          (if not free) than the AKG setup. Plastic sleeves are cheaper than
                          2 new heim joints and you would probably need an alignment everytime
                          you play with the AKG cabs.

I think the THR's are better for 99% of us.

Charley

Comment

does the THR or AKG cabs give you more caster?...I just bought and installed offset bushing and got 9.5% of caster :):):)
                            NASA
                            BMWCCA member
                            PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                            1997 M3 sedan
                            2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

yes at least the thr's do seems the akgs have adjustments.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                              X