No announcement yet.

Track Times Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks :) there is a good chance I will . I really need some clean laps to see if it can go a little faster

Comment

Pittsburgh International Raceway (aka, BeaveRun)

ChumpCar
      stock 2.5L with stock head rebuild by Bimmerhead, stock ECU
      ~2350 lbs with driver
      225/45R15 BFG Rivals on 15x8 TRM
      Stock Sachs dampers, cut springs, no rear sway
      Poly bushings (FR offset CABs)
      Slotted FR strut towers for not nearly enough camber
      Cobalt Friction XR2 front / XR4 rear brake pads
      Chumpy Aero (splitter and something that resembles a very high wing)

1:09.186
      Ben
      Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
      April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
      May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
      October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
      October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
      Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

Anybody here running tracks in the Northeast?
        I'm running a 1:14.8 at NHMS w/ South Oval.
        Car is a blueprinted S52 swap, full cage, gutted, BBK, etc...
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZT6J4ooOiY
        The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post

I run lime rock...wgi...njmp...

blueprinted...sweet.......ever dyno her?

snap...cae shifter set up....u da boss......

heres one....old, pre s50..but fun watch:

When I went to Lime Rock Park to film The Porsche Club of America (CT Valley & Hudson Valley Regions) I met Joel and his BMW. Since I didn't want to have a c...
          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Still running the dum as dog shit OBD1 ECU so haven't bothered. I have a Vipec standalone ECU i've been trying to find time to install and will certainly have her on the dyno then. The tuner who recomendded that ECU to me has made 250 HP at the wheels on a dynojet in an otherwise bone stock E36 M3. He is fully confident i will be putting down over 300 to the ground then. :)
            Sweet video!
            The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

bone stock .....250 whp...???

can u pm the tuner info/connection?...

I see u r in beacon....Im 35 min away off 84...Somers

r u running OZ wheels?..hard to tell.

Comment

1:13.44 in final practice, though I couldn't quite put a 13 together for the TT. I forgot a few things and went slower, wound up with a 1:14.04 and like 0.16 off T80 second place. Oh well, there's always next year :)

You are taking some interesting lines; for instance, you can carry a lot more speed out of 10 if you track out fully and ride the inside of 11. I preferred hugging the inside of 9 as well as it is a shorter line.

250whp out of a stock S52 sounds very fishy to me. That's generally the ceiling of full bolt-on territory including intake manifold. Maybe he meant stock internals?

Comment

wh...

is she a bit loose..?

what susp set up?

geez that track does not look appealing to me at all....

Comment

Nope, bone stock meaning bone stock. Saw it myself.

My track wheels are a set of Apex ARC-8's, my street/show wheels are a set of Compomotive TH2's.

Wh33lhop: Saw you at COM's, didn't get a chance to come over and talk. Definitely two different driving styles in two differently set up cars. You could also be turning in at 3 much earlier and carrying more speed up the hill. Also no need to lift coming up over the hill by the treehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                      wh...

is she a bit loose..?

what susp set up?

geez that track does not look appealing to me at all....
                      I didn't think it looked appealing either until I drove it. Very fun.

Car just had a lot of power and very little tire. GCs 550/750 with J-stock valved billy sports, 3.5 camber up front, about 2.5 in rear, 225 RS3s. Also a reverse rake since Fred didn't want to cut up the E30 M3 spindles to fit GCs on em, so the rear roll center was likely much lower than the front. Loose cars don't bother me much though.

Nope, bone stock meaning bone stock. Saw it myself.
                      Ah nvm, he had a standalone. I'm still skeptical but that makes things more believable.

My track wheels are a set of Apex ARC-8's, my street/show wheels are a set of Compomotive TH2's.

Wh33lhop: Saw you at COM's, didn't get a chance to come over and talk. Definitely two different driving styles in two differently set up cars. You could also be turning in at 3 much earlier and carrying more speed up the hill. Also no need to lift coming up over the hill by the treehouse.
                      Alright, wall o' text. Ready?

The ABS didn't like the bumpy braking zone into 3 so I overshot turn in about half the time, but I managed to turn in earlier on the timed laps if you watch those. Interestingly comparing the data shows that turning in earlier, though a shorter line, was 2 tenths slower for me on the exit. Maybe there was a bit less grip available on the inside line, or maybe I wasn't aggressive enough on the throttle coming out of it--you really have to meter the power in this thing. I was coming into the bowl at about 97-99mph.

Treehouse was the very top of third pulling .9G at 88mph (delorean style!), that took some balls, haha. I'd rather not ride the limiter in my friend's car--I felt that was plenty fast with street tires and no aero. :) All things considered, after watching the videos and viewing the data I think I could be in the mid-high 1:12s if I nailed everything juuust right.

Do you run a datalogger? It'd be interesting to compare data from the event and see where we gained and lost time, more power vs. more grip. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        I didn't think it looked appealing either until I drove it. Very fun.

Car just had a lot of power and very little tire. GCs 550/750 with J-stock valved billy sports, 3.5 camber up front, about 2.5 in rear, 225 RS3s. Also a reverse rake since Fred didn't want to cut up the E30 M3 spindles to fit GCs on em, so the rear roll center was likely much lower than the front. Loose cars don't bother me much though.

Ah nvm, he had a standalone. I'm still skeptical but that makes things more believable.

Alright, wall o' text. Ready?

The ABS didn't like the bumpy braking zone into 3 so I overshot turn in about half the time, but I managed to turn in earlier on the timed laps if you watch those. Interestingly comparing the data shows that turning in earlier, though a shorter line, was 2 tenths slower for me on the exit. Maybe there was a bit less grip available on the inside line, or maybe I wasn't aggressive enough on the throttle coming out of it--you really have to meter the power in this thing. I was coming into the bowl at about 97-99mph.

Treehouse was the very top of third pulling .9G at 88mph (delorean style!), that took some balls, haha. I'd rather not ride the limiter in my friend's car--I felt that was plenty fast with street tires and no aero. :) All things considered, after watching the videos and viewing the data I think I could be in the mid-high 1:12s if I nailed everything juuust right.

Do you run a datalogger? It'd be interesting to compare data from the event and see where we gained and lost time, more power vs. more grip. :)
                        Haha, the two things i forgot to bring with me to NH was my jack and my data logger. :(
                        I see that the car is a ZF tranny with a 3.46 rear end. (same as mine). Not sure what they dyno graph is of that motor but im definitely in 4th as i come out of 7. One thing i've played with lately is staying a couple feet left over the hill. It lets you cut across the off-camber vs. trying to fight it.
                        My car also has no ABS, stiffer suspension, and a very fancy diff which does wonders accelerating out of turns.
                        Tell Fred to corner balance that thing!

Comment

Ha, I've been a little busy these past couple months, so I haven't had much time to so the things I wanted to do, like get a replacement camber plate spherical bearing, and a good race alignment. I just set toe at 0 at home.

Hope to see you around next season! Feels so far off now.

Originally posted by whysimon
                          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

s54 pulls past 8k dude, you'll usually be in a higher gear. fred can do whatever he wants, I was just happy to drive the car :)

hey fred, get it corner balanced

and maybe get some r1s too

Comment

Originally posted by miki View Post
                              One more pb on buttonwillow 1.57

Thats damn fast! Can you share details on your car and its setup?

Comment

buttonwillow cw13
                                pr 2:01.06

225 RS3
                                stock S52
                                full interior
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X