what clutch do u drift with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what clutch do u drift with?

Im looking to finally upgrade my clutch. im getting funny noises now and i think ive put the stock one through enough.

This car is a daily driven car but i go out slidin about 3x a week
    What holds up to clutch kicking and boost!
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-27-2011, 08:23 AM.
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

e34 m5 clutch?
    E30 buildy things
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

spec stage 3. 6 puck sprung. it's not totally ridiculous but the engagement is pretty strong. If you're a noobie you probably can't drive it, or if you're not paying attention it will bite hard and die. You could DD it, but I wouldn't want to... But I just want something with more engagement room. The clutch is engaged to fully disengaged within 1" of travel, I'd say.

These series are devoted to people trying to drive my car. The car has a 6 puck sprung clutch and no idle control valve. It makes things a bit tricky if you'...

These series are devoted to people trying to drive my car. The car has a 6 puck sprung clutch and no idle control valve. It makes things a bit tricky if you'...

grabs good enough to side step at 3500+ even on a good surface.
      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

i have a tredex oe replacement in my car, not the best clutch in the world but it gets the job done
        84 318i drift car
        04 mk4 gti 1.8t
        96 e320
        63 plymouth valiant

Comment

does and e34 m5 clutch fit?

329i

Comment

I use a direct drive setup from a snowmobile.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
            Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
            Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog View Post
              I use a direct drive setup from a snowmobile.
              Shit, my clutch has teeth in it. Kick that shiz in 5th all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
                spec stage 3. 6 puck sprung. it's not totally ridiculous but the engagement is pretty strong. If you're a noobie you probably can't drive it, or if you're not paying attention it will bite hard and die. You could DD it, but I wouldn't want to... But I just want something with more engagement room. The clutch is engaged to fully disengaged within 1" of travel, I'd say.

grabs good enough to side step at 3500+ even on a good surface.
                okay i was looking for some responses along this way. wtf am i gonna do with a snowmobile.lol
                But Jaxx when u say you wouldnt want to DD it i must ask how come. Is it loud or is it just to aggressive of an engagement?

Originally posted by kman_e30 View Post
                i have a tredex oe replacement in my car, not the best clutch in the world but it gets the job done
                So youre not recommending it?
                Like do you drift with your car, is it a DD or just a track car. why dont u like it to much?lol

The reason im looking for a aftermarket is because i clutch kick about 2 or 3 days a week for a good 30-45min when i get to empty lots in the night time.

Im not trying to be a bitch, but could I maybe get some more helpful responses please. Which clutches have held up fine to high rpm grabbing/drifting and are decent taking off from a light every day. Thanks
                m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

My friend drove around in a turbo miata track monster with a 6 puck clutch. Shits rough but it can be done. Just have to adjust your footwork.

As for e30 clutches I'm clueless. My stocker has held up to my weekly clutch kicks as well as the drift event I put it through.
                  Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

I've been using an ebay 6puck on the street for 3+ years. Not exactly n00b friendly, but its not that hard either. I done 2nd 3rd and 4th slides with it so I know it holds good TQ for the amount of money I paid.

I would highly recommend a Spec 6 puck over the ebay shit though. We put one in my buddies car and it was night and day difference. engagement was smooth, almost like stock, the pedal feel was more firm, but thats it.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Stg III or IV South Bend Clutch.

Originally posted by Ryan...
                      It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

F1 Racing (Ebay) Stage 3 6 puck clutch, with their lightweight flywheel.
                        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
                          But Jaxx when u say you wouldnt want to DD it i must ask how come. Is it loud or is it just to aggressive of an engagement?
                          it's not the clutch that is rough as far as engagement, but paired with the pressure plate it's a little difficult for noobies to drive. I get caught out on it once or twice if I'm driving it in traffic and not paying attention. It feels like it is aggressive, but if you can know where the pressure plate will spring back on you it's not bad. I like the clutch, but driving it everyday would probably be a bit too much.

I'll put it this way, 95% of the time you don't leave a light bucking like a noob, but you will have to rev it a fair amount as compared to a stock clutch. With a stock clutch you can get the car moving no problem without even touching the gas. with this clutch it's a bit more difficult.

It's not super hard as long as you're aware of it. If you slack and lapse on the engagement it will die. that's all. I just don't want to have to deal with that in traffic.
                          '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                          NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                          Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post

So youre not recommending it?
                            Like do you drift with your car, is it a DD or just a track car. why dont u like it to much?lol

The reason im looking for a aftermarket is because i clutch kick about 2 or 3 days a week for a good 30-45min when i get to empty lots in the night time.

Im not trying to be a bitch, but could I maybe get some more helpful responses please. Which clutches have held up fine to high rpm grabbing/drifting and are decent taking off from a light every day. Thanks
                            my e30 is my drift car, i only bought this one because at $100 for the full kit, i couldnt beat it! basically im say that it works fine, but its not an aggressive clutch, just like the guys above said, just get a 6 puck off ebay, and you will be fine
                            84 318i drift car
                            04 mk4 gti 1.8t
                            96 e320
                            63 plymouth valiant

Comment

How much power are you running? You don't need anything special if you're messing around in a parking lot. How many miles does your current clutch have on it? Do you feel that it's slipping? If you're only dicking around in a parking lot and not at the track you don't need anything special. You can do that with a stock clutch. I know people that drift their e30s on the track with a stock clutch and have had no issues.

I really don't think you need to spend the money on an aftermarket clutch that grabs harder if you're A.) not making a whole lot of power and B.) not always hard on it and you're still daily-ing the car.
                              I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                              2875-C Towerview Road
                              Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Working...
                              X