Help with track wheels!!!!!!!!
Collapse
X
-
^ all id would need is a 5 or maybe 10mm spacer... for the current wheels i have... hmmmm -
As long as they're hubcentric (like most H&R spacers) and you use wheel studs, then they're fine. Just don't get too crazy with your wheel offsets, otherwise you'll put a huge amount of extra strain on your control arms, ball joints, and wheel bearings.Leave a comment:
-
^ I USED R888 on my previous e30 track car and loved them! Even used them once in the rain and they where not that bad!!!!Leave a comment:
-
This is my first set, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. At full tread depth, they don't squirm as much as the RA1, which makes them a bit better in the dry. But they're significantly worse in the wet.
Unlike the RA1, they seem a little sensitive to alignment settings. A number of guys complain they wear unevenly unless you've got the camber and toe dialed in perfectly, whereas the RA1 really didn't care.
Personally, I don't think they're worth the price. Based on everything I've read, the Nitto NT-01 is just as good but costs a lot less. Levent found me my R888's for a great price, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with them.Leave a comment:
-
225/50/15 is a great size for an E30 and they'll fit the car perfectly without any need for a wide-arch kit at all. For track use, you may even want to look into a 225/45/15 to lower your gearing a tiny bit.
I currently run the R888 on my E30. They definitely benefit from some wheel width. I wouldn't run them on a 7" wheel if I could help it. A 15x8" would be perfect.Leave a comment:
-
i was thinking about running TOYO R888 225/50/15 on 15" or the same on 16"Leave a comment:
-
Pick what tire you want (size vs compound) first then go after the wheels. Check what sizes are available and the most common.
What width tire?
Do you want a tire with a lot of compliance or one with a small sidewall and stiffer?
How long do you want them to last?
Will you be driving them in the rain?
Etc.Leave a comment:
-
If you want off-the-shelf 15x8" wheels, your options will be quite limited to start with. Finding some with an ET between 0 and +10 will be even more challenging.
Start your search at the VWVortex wheel and tire classified section. Also check in with Levent to see what he's got to offer.
Plan to run spacers to push the wheels out to where you want them. If you go that route, think about a wheel stud conversion before dropping money on longer lug-nuts.Leave a comment:
-
Help with track wheels!!!!!!!!
Ok guys im going crazy trying to figure out what wheels to buy for my track car. Car has a wide body and i need 5x120 et 0 or et 10 15 or 16" wheels!!!
Any ideas????Tags: None

Leave a comment: