Help with track wheels!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • joshh
    replied
    Originally posted by Luis325
    OK guys i bought some 16x9 wheels! Et 10.
    Now im scratching my head... What size tires to get??????????????????
    This is exactly why I was recommending you pick the tire first. Now your stuck with a 16" tire and you're more than likely going to have to compromise somewhere. Or get lucky.

    Tire rack is closing out the Kumho Victoracer 245 45 16. Good long lasting semi sticky weekend warrior tire.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris916
    replied
    ^The A6's won't last on track.

    If you want them to last a little while, i would suggest toyo ra1's. I run 245/45-16's all around on 16x9s. Great track tire and decent at autoX once you get some heat in them. Unfortunately there is'nt a huge selection of wide track tires for 16's.

    Leave a comment:


  • TrackjunkiE30
    replied
    Hoosier makes the A6 in a 245/45/16, but that is a little pricey to me just for track days.

    Leave a comment:


  • Luis325
    replied
    No class in particular... Car is just going to be for Track Days and autocross!

    Leave a comment:


  • TrackjunkiE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Luis325
    OK guys i bought some 16x9 wheels! Et 10.
    Now im scratching my head... What size tires to get??????????????????
    Do you plan on running any specific class that has a base tire size?

    For example, the tire size for my class is a 235. I run a 205 and get 7 points to spend, so I run Hoosier A6's, which would normally cost me 13 additional points and put me out of class with my mods.

    Leave a comment:


  • Luis325
    replied
    OK guys i bought some 16x9 wheels! Et 10.
    Now im scratching my head... What size tires to get??????????????????

    Leave a comment:


  • SoloSol
    replied
    If you are going with a 17, I would look very hard at Kosei K1 or the Dforce. Not sure if they make the right offset you are chasing but both are great wheel for the $$..

    For tires why not try some Continental Challenge GrandAM take offs. They are rebranded Hoosiers often with very few heat cycles and plenty of life left. Cheaper than a new set of Toyos and much faster.
    Call James @ Bimmerworld for the Dforce and he would prob work out a great deal on a set of tires of their car. Testing has already started and the full season starts in Jan.

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    If you are 5 lug, you may look into apex arc8 wheels.

    Leave a comment:


  • ukrbmw
    replied
    If you go 15s - get 15X8 and go 245. Otherwise I'd go 17s and look for 255s.

    Leave a comment:


  • Luis325
    replied
    ^^ any ideas?
    Im clueless on what to get...

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris916
    replied
    5 lug widebody? why not run 17s? way larger selection of tires from streets to r-comps.

    Leave a comment:


  • ukrbmw
    replied
    Why only a 225? If its widebody and 5 lug, can't you try running a 245?

    Leave a comment:


  • Luis325
    replied
    Can you send me a pm with the spacer pricing including the longer wheel studs?

    Leave a comment:


  • kalib0y
    replied
    oh and I dont offer a 10mm spacer becuase there is no way to make them hubcentric. The 5mm uses your existing hubcentric ring on the wheel hub and the 12mm spacer has the ring built into the spacer.

    This is a picture of my 20mm spacer where you can see the hubcentric ring is built into the spacer


    Running a spacer without hubcentric support is very VERY dangerous.

    Leave a comment:


  • kalib0y
    replied
    Originally posted by Luis325
    Kaliboy ^ are spacers safe to run in track car????
    yes they are. I have TUV approved spacers 5mm, 12mm, 15mm, 20mm spacers that are hudcentric and would be safe on track.

    On a side note.. I am also a huge fan of the r888, I currently run them on my track wheels...I just wish they lasted longer.

    Leave a comment:

Working...