New member - Racing in FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member - Racing in FL

Hi everyone, another noob to the forum. I've seen this site in searches for info I've done, but never joined - fixed that! I'm not new to Bimmers - we have, er, several. We have three E30's, an iS and two eS'. One of the eS' is being converted into a ChumpCar for the upcoming races in FL. The iS is a SpecE30 that I race here in FL with the NASA FL Region. The other Bimmer's in the stable are a '08 328i (e93) and a '04 M3 (e46).

I see some other folks in other regions out there racing their E30s, but what about FL? Anyone interested in getting their E30's on the track racing? I know there are a few projects in the works, so the NASA SpecE30 class could be growing very nicely this year.

Here's a picture of my Spec E30:

Shawn Waggoner
    Track Rat Motorsports
    '87 325iS, '86 325eS ChumpCar

great looking car!

Comment

Originally posted by seatown88 View Post
      great looking car!
      Thanks!
      Shawn Waggoner
      Track Rat Motorsports

Comment

I would be very interested! Hey has anybody tryed that apron with a euro bumper?

Comment

Where are you located?
          Shawn Waggoner
          Track Rat Motorsports

Comment

miramar

Comment

Are you going to be at the March NASA/BMWCR event at Sebring? I'll be there.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                miramar
                Pretty close - there are a few different events coming up - 2 at Homestead and 1 at Sebring. Chin Motorsports will be at HMS Feb 25-26th and NASA on March 10-11. NASA will also be at Sebring March 31-April 1. Love to have you join us!

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                Are you going to be at the March NASA/BMWCR event at Sebring? I'll be there.
                Yes, I'll be there. You bringing your SE30? Natalie will be at Sebring as well. McKay might bring his if he gets a new motor in it (he blew the head gasket at Winterfest).
                Shawn Waggoner
                Track Rat Motorsports

Comment

Hey there. I'm in Sarasota. I've been doing Sebring DEs with the Porsche club and some autocrossing. I'd like to come check out a spec e30 race sometime.
                  S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                  What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                    Hey there. I'm in Sarasota. I've been doing Sebring DEs with the Porsche club and some autocrossing. I'd like to come check out a spec e30 race sometime.
                    NASA will be running a Spec E30 race March 31-April 1 at Sebring. NASA will also be hosting the BMWCCA club races the same weekend. Should be plenty of Bimmers! Hope you can make it out.
                    Shawn Waggoner
                    Track Rat Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by TrackRat View Post
                      Yes, I'll be there. You bringing your SE30? Natalie will be at Sebring as well. McKay might bring his if he gets a new motor in it (he blew the head gasket at Winterfest).
                      Yep, I'll have my SE30. I probably will only compete for BMWCR points as the plan is to run BGF R1 tires (allowed by the BMWCR SE30 rules).

Comment

From my conversations, the plan is run all the BMWCCA racers in their class, but also run them in a GTS class for NASA - doubling up. I will run in both Spec E30 classes, but have to run the (crappy) RA1's.
                        Shawn Waggoner
                        Track Rat Motorsports

Comment

I suspect that most folks will be on RA1's and thus can class as SE30's for both organizations. Classing those of us that elect to run a different tire as a BMWCR SE30 in GTS makes sense. But there is always the option of declaring that you aren't running for NASA points. That might make the most sense for out of region competitors who don't expect to run in another NASA FL event as it doesn't hurt local folks.

Comment

Hey shawn! Cant mistake the black and green! haha. Its Jay, the announcer guy (white e30)

I just noticed you were on here. Carlos (silence) and don stevens are also on here

I want you to know Im in the process of selling my current e30, and buying a shell to start fresh with for spec e30. I know of another guy local doing the same. ;)

talk to you soon.
                            -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                            2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by TrackRat View Post
                              Pretty close - there are a few different events coming up - 2 at Homestead and 1 at Sebring. Chin Motorsports will be at HMS Feb 25-26th and NASA on March 10-11. NASA will also be at Sebring March 31-April 1. Love to have you join us!

Iam in!!! just got to finish my awd e30 used to be ready with a s52 turbo setup till started tuning it back to an awd love to see how this thing will do on the track.. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X