Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75D or 95A bushings???

Not E30 related but I could use your opinions

Its time for me to replace my rear subframe bushings so I need your opinions. I track my car about once or twice a month and I drive it there and back. The car also has a rowdy LS1 in it with 95A bushings for the motor and trans.I already have turner solid diff bushings with delrin front diff bushing. Ive searched around but there isnt alot of comparison threads between the 75d and 95a bushings.

So should I go with the 95A rear subframe bushings and RTABs or go full stiff with 75D? My concern is that since the local track are about 1hr-1.5hrs away, I dont want to have an achey back or chipped teeth once I just get to the track. Your thoughts?
    75D
    44.44%
    95A
    55.56%
    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

I'd use aluminum subframe d diff bushings and the stiffest trailing arm bushings I could find. The different in ride won't be that much, though noise will be worse.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      I'd use aluminum subframe d diff bushings and the stiffest trailing arm bushings I could find. The different in ride won't be that much, though noise will be worse.
      that's the setup imma go with^^^

Comment

I already have the stiffest diff bushings but since the subframe ties the chassis and diff together my concern is too stiff of a bushing will transmit too much noise and vibration. Thoughts?
        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

naaahhh, vibration and noise isn't bad comparing to motor mount/tranny but if you do want a smoother ride just go with 95a
          Last edited by immajackuup; 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Okay, my quick lil review. I went with the 95a with solid diff bushings and I counldnt be happier. The car feel mush more planted and I don't have any additional vibration than before.

I do get a diff whine at high speeds as I did change to a different brand of fluid to Torco 75/90 but I think I will change the fluid to 85/140 to see if it dampens the whine.

Other than that. I am very happy.

Mods completed this round:
            Resurface rotors
            Regeared Diff from 3.46 to 3.91
            replace SS lines
            AKG 95a subframe bushings
            AKG 90a rtab bushings
            AKG Subframe reinforcement
            AKG RTAB reinforcement
            Newer Half shaft
            Aluminum camber arms
            Fixed and serviced front window regulators and motors
            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Working...
            X