No announcement yet.

If you ARE runnig 6UL 15x10 then this thread is for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the math once for 15x9/11 staggered setup in 15", you will need some heftly spacers. You can also use woodblocks to measure clearance easily. Rear shouldnt be too terrible, but strut clearance up front is going to be an issue. If youre doing some sort of flares anyway though, it should be more than doable with a large spacer. ( youll probably be in the negatives to have good clearance)

Comment

Originally posted by lcoleman View Post
      If you pull this off, you are my hero. Seriously.

I think 15x9s with 225 RS3s would be PERFECT for a street e30. I know chris325ix on the other board has some x7.5s, looks like Nando too...haven't seen any others.
      Chris and Nando are the same person.

Comment

looks like youll need to be at 10" et-8 to clear the tires on the front.

So youll need a 32mm spacer

Comment

I almost lost hope in finding proper 15x10. Awesome thread and going to be snagging a set of 15x9/10 for track days asap!
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

A local guy with a lotus bought some 15x9s. I was going to buy them till i test fit them. They fell into the category of way to much spacer and HELL no.
            For the hastle my spin werks work great though they are not much to look at.
            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
            The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

When I ran 15x10.5s, the backspacing was about 5". That allowed the wheels to clear the struts and inner rear fenders without spacers. Kevin Henry has those wheels now (the car with the Keizers mentioned earlier in this thread).

Garrick
              1989 325is
              DSP #72

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
                A local guy with a lotus bought some 15x9s. I was going to buy them till i test fit them. They fell into the category of way to much spacer and HELL no.
                For the hastle my spin werks work great though they are not much to look at.
                When I first tried 18x10s back in 2004 (first auto-x E30 on 18s that I know of), I was using Porsche Cup II replicas. They required the mother of all spacers...about 70mm. Those suckers weighed about 7 lbs each! Certainly not ideal, but the setup worked surprisingly well. As a point of reference, my 15x10.5s weighed less than 13 lbs each (for the entire wheel).

Old video from a local event:

Last edited by E30 Racer; 05-25-2012, 06:49 AM.
                Garrick
                1989 325is
                DSP #72

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Racer View Post
                  ........As a point of reference, my 15x10.5s weighed less than 13 lbs each (for the entire wheel).
                  The spin werks weigh 12 so not to hefty and the price is good.
                  sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                  The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Jean, have you considered just stuffing some 275s on the C1s in the meantime? Last time I went out to autox there was a guy with a really nice 2400lb E30 with 275s stuffed on the 5-lug 15x8 C1s. They were stretched out a bit but he was faaaast, like only 1 second off my friend's XP 2700lb STi TTOD fast, and he just had a basic 2.7i with super eta bottom end and 731 head.

Comment

bump this up. Anyone have these 6ULs sitting right yet? I'm thinking of 15x10s and flares.
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Wh33lhop - Hmmmm.. Well, I'll need to order tires this year once the car is running so I MAY do that before trying 15x10s of some kind on the car? I am just afraid that they'll wear or fail prematurely because of such narrow wheel though? Thoughts?
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Just a thought, I know Emilio at 949 Racing personally. Super guy, very busy but accommodating when he can. If one of you in the OC area contacts him, he may be willing to let you come to the shop and test fit them so you can take measurements. If you need a little help, I can reach out to him when you get a car organized.
                          '88 325is
                          Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                            Wh33lhop - Hmmmm.. Well, I'll need to order tires this year once the car is running so I MAY do that before trying 15x10s of some kind on the car? I am just afraid that they'll wear or fail prematurely because of such narrow wheel though? Thoughts?
                            Oh man that was awhile ago... Tire life may be compromised a bit, but you'll probably be faster than before. Obviously a 15x10 would be ideal but if you're looking for an interim solution then stuffing them on the 8s is at least possible.

Comment

BUMP

Anyone tried running a 15x9 square setup with these 949 wheels?
                              sigpic

Comment

Not sure if anybody is interested, but I'm running a set of 15x9 et0 dubfelgenwerk CCW reps. 225/45/15 on them now, but plan to throw a set of 245s on soon...

Needed a 3mm spacer up front to clear the strut. Want to throw a 10mm on the rears to help understeer

Comment

Working...
                                X