No announcement yet.

Prevent Fuel Starvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have pictures of this mounted in place?
    Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
      Anyone have pictures of this mounted in place?
      That would be nice. I jacked the car up one Saturday afternoon (6 months ago) with this piece in hand, ready to do the install. I looked around for 5 minutes and said, "shit, this is going to take more work than I thought." I haven't gone back to it yet.
      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm afriad of. I rather see it first before I pull the trigger on this.

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
        That would be nice. I jacked the car up one Saturday afternoon (6 months ago) with this piece in hand, ready to do the install. I looked around for 5 minutes and said, "shit, this is going to take more work than I thought." I haven't gone back to it yet.
        Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Here is how I have mine set up. It's a little messy, but it's solid. Been running with it all season with no issues. Before, I would starve fuel at a half tank. I can now run down to nothing left in the tank.

Comment

Chris,

Do you have a later model 325i or 318is?

If I were to take a guess... it looks like you've got:

low pressure pump feeding --> externally mounted high pressure --> fuel filter --> surge tank --> to fuel rail

Is that about right?
            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

It's a 91 318is. So just the single pump in the tank.

Here's how ive got it routed:

Low pressure in tank -> surge tank -> fuel filter -> external high pressure -> fuel rail -> return to surge tank -> return to Tank.

You want the external pump after the surge tank so that in moments of starvation in the factory tank, you will have the secondary pump pulling from the surge tank. Also, route the fuel filter after the surge tank so that any unused fuel the returns will always be filtered a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris916 View Post
                It's a 91 318is. So just the single pump in the tank.

Here's how ive got it routed:

Low pressure in tank -> surge tank -> fuel filter -> external high pressure -> fuel rail -> return to surge tank -> return to Tank.

You want the external pump after the surge tank so that in moments of starvation in the factory tank, you will have the secondary pump pulling from the surge tank. Also, route the fuel filter after the surge tank so that any unused fuel the returns will always be filtered a second time.
                That is awesome. So far everyone has talked about switching gas tanks and I was dreading that. I have the piece and will likely install it sooner having seen your setup :)
                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

BUMP. Got the last one from GPS today. Found this link. Might be helpful for future reference!

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

^ That looks like a good idea. I need to get mine installed. Tired of trips to the gas station after every other session.
                    S50'd

Comment

Originally posted by DTFE30 View Post
                      BUMP. Got the last one from GPS today. Found this link. Might be helpful for future reference!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...tall-in-an-E30
                      updated site, added more inventory, we have a few left.
                      sigpic
                      New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                      %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

For those of you looking for a clean simple install.

Here's what I did,

Remove external pump bracket, remove fuel filter from bracket, mount fuel accumulator to spot where filter was, move filter to engine bay near charcoal canister.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
                        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just posting to remember to come back to this once I take pics of my solution, which was a full surge tank setup.
                            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                              For those of you looking for a clean simple install.

Here's what I did,

Remove external pump bracket, remove fuel filter from bracket, mount fuel accumulator to spot where filter was, move filter to engine bay near charcoal canister.
                              This is my favorite solution so far.
                              S50'd

Comment

Thanks. Works well. Hose clamps holding things aren't so classy but no one sees it.

Also you could procure a fuel filter bracket from an e I think? Where the filter was mounted in the engine bay to secure the filter like factory.

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Working...
                                X