Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro- My new track toy

Hi,

I'm excited about my latest purchase and wanted to share it here with you fine folks. I'm a total noob to tracking but I knew i wanted to take my driving experiences to the next level but in a legal setting (no F&F here). With the help of Levent over at Gutenparts I was able to snatch up a well sorted complete track car that met my needs. You guys may recognize the car as the owner is a member here. Well, i plan on lingering in this subforum for a while and hopefully get to run into you guys at some of the tracks...

Some specs:
    Bilstein Sports
    H&R Race
    Recaro SRDs
    Hartge long-tube headers
    Willans harnesses
    Cibie lights
    roll-bar
    oil cooler
    remote oil fitter housing
    Accusump plumbing

Some pics

Interior-

Some action shots from PO i found online-

I just put an order in for a new set of TRM C1s 15x8. They'll be wrapped in some R888s.

Thanks and appreciate any suggestions/input.
    Last edited by 5ickride; 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM.

my input.......

white rocks..

dont get 888s ......get ra 1's....

Williams????.....or Willans...hehe

pm me if u wish......Ill give you some insight into good track days avail....
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Nice acquisition. Congrats
      sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
        my input.......

white rocks..

dont get 888s ......get ra 1's....

Williams????.....or Willans...hehe

pm me if u wish......Ill give you some insight into good track days avail....
        Oh, haha, i thought the PO mispelled "Willans" so i corrected it, DOH!

the 888s were part of the sale so i already own them. Once they're gone through i'll take a look at other tires.

Thanks for the offer. Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Horneck View Post
          Nice acquisition. Congrats
          Thanks

Comment

I would talk to Emre about using those tires when you just start tracking the car. I think it might be a good idea for you to get something less grippy and work your way up. Welcome to the Track Crew (both here and the secret one lol)

Al
            My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by MrSlacker View Post
              I would talk to Emre about using those tires when you just start tracking the car. I think it might be a good idea for you to get something less grippy and work your way up. Welcome to the Track Crew (both here and the secret one lol)

Al
              Lol, thanks Al!

QQ, as a novice, wheres the harm in using the 888s right away?

Comment

The extra grip of r tires may hinder learning. Get a set of weaves or bottlecaps and throw some street tires on them for your first several events. You'll learn more.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

Ahh got it. Ok thanks.

Comment

Just trade R888 with Denis for his RS-3s hehe
                    My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

my goodness, you couldn't ask for a nicer first track car. congratulations.

E46t

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                        Lol, thanks Al!

QQ, as a novice, wheres the harm in using the 888s right away?
                        they stick so well that they will mask your errors...you won't realize you are off line, or that your inputs are incorrect. They will give you a false sense of being really good...lol..

and once they break away it can be really qwik and they will catch you out.

hold onto them....but try to start w/ a good street summer tire.......learn to slide around a bit, and listen for noises. See what happens when you are under or over steering.

Altho I must say when i built my e30 for track work I started w/ r tires....but I was not really a newbie at the time.
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by leegf View Post
                          my goodness, you couldn't ask for a nicer first track car. congratulations.
                          Thanks, i cant wait to get up and running!

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                          they stick so well that they will mask your errors...you won't realize you are off line, or that your inputs are incorrect. They will give you a false sense of being really good...lol..

and once they break away it can be really qwik and they will catch you out.

hold onto them....but try to start w/ a good street summer tire.......learn to slide around a bit, and listen for noises. See what happens when you are under or over steering.

Altho I must say when i built my e30 for track work I started w/ r tires....but I was not really a newbie at the time.
                          Thanks for the advice. The 888s are pretty new so i could keep them on the side until i work my way to them i guess. I get where u guys are coming from though. Any recommendations on a fairly inexpensive tire to start off with?

Comment

I'm going to give the R1Rs a shot as they're so cheap but there's little info about them. Everyone I talk to tells me to get Star Specs and shut up... :-)
                            '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                              I'm going to give the R1Rs a shot as they're so cheap but there's little info about them. Everyone I talk to tells me to get Star Specs and shut up... :-)
                              Let me know how it goes. I dont plan on seeing the track until next month the soonest.

Comment

Working...
                              X