25 hour at Thunderhill check in thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 hour at Thunderhill check in thread.

Who's going? There is looking to be quite a few E30's in the field, so I am sure a few of us are going to be hangin' around the pits.

Let the trash talking start ...

now. :firehop:
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

I may skip officiating this event this year..I'm kinda 50/50 But I'll give you guys a little hint how to avoid pit lane penalties. Or should I say give the *wink *wink the other way.. Offer the officials working the hot pits red bull, hot coffee, and warm food. Trust me it goes along way..

Comment

Wish I live in the states so I could go to some of these events.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
        Wish I live in the states so I could go to some of these events.
        There was an Aussie team last year at the 25hr. Unfortunately, they put their Type R in the same orientation as your sig pic. Luckily no one was seriously injured, but the car was a total loss.
        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I believe the BTM guys will be out there.

Know Steve will be out there with the Midnight Oil Guys. JP @ A1 should also be out there. Wish I could make it out.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Robert here with E30 Motor Werks.

Will be working in the pits with the Porterville HS Motorsport Team this year.

Just finished building them a new engine and look forward to 'Surviving the 25'

C/Ya out there!

www.facebook.com/E30motorwerks

Comment

Nice!

I will be only crewing this year as well for Bloising Saddles, and possibly helping out GRip Racing.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I'll be there with the Grip 2-car E30 effort. Flying down Friday AM.

Some pics coming out of practice today:

Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Here's my pics as I am uploading them from the race. I also have a bunch of video from the top of the car, and from around the track. I tried to get some good shots of all the E30's and other friends cars..

http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/...erhill%202012/
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Thanks for posting the link, I looked really quick but couldn't find any pics of the TFB quasi-convertible E30 setup.
                    Last edited by SkiFree; 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM.
                    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Yeah, because we were so confused as to what that thing was!?!?? (still not sure..)

:)

I think I got a couple, but some where a bit blurry..

Didn't see the BTM car on the green flag drop, were you guys still in the pit perhaps? I have to go through our in car as well..
                      Last edited by djjerme; 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Anyone know what happened to the tt rs that pulled the fire extinguisher system? Our pit was right beside theirs and it kinda looked like someone yanked on it accidentally during a stop.

Was the btm car that weird black thing that looked home made? (they were pitted right next to us as well)

Comment

djjerme - I wasn't there, the shop kid here was also helping the Porterville HS Motorsport Team. As I understand BTM were the highest place overall finishers (5th) for anyone driving E30 (Even though the car looked like kaka).
                          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Congrats to my stepbrother Derek for leading some laps in the Tiger Racing / Bavarian Tuning Motorsport entry until an alternator issue did them in.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

go3go, they blew the Transaxle in the TT. It was a customers car/loan on a temp Visa in the the US (there is only I believe 7 of them in existence) and I imagine they didn't pack many spares when it passed through customs. It was rumored to be in the 450 hp range, so they had to do a bunch of reworking of the "stock" transaxle..

The BTM was running ES IIRC, and if it did endeed finish pretty high, it would have beat most of the E30's in the field. Our team's Eta (Bloising Saddles) went out in the 10th hour when a blown coolant hose causes a sudden loss of water and the head gasket to blow, filling cylinders 1 and 2 with water, and the cylinder head to overheat causing sever detonation that tore our huge chunks between the spark plug hole in 1,2 and 5, as well as either bending a rod or wrist pin.

Our buddies that I helped crew for after ours died were running a pair of E30's (PRO3 trim) in E3, and took 3rd and 8th. Not sure how the other E30's (Anil's Red E30, and the Grey SpecE30 #80) finished, but I am pretty sure they crossed the checkered.

The other friends of mine were driving the black/shiny orange E30 that rolled during practice due to another SM (Stupid Miata) not holding their line when being overtaken. They did manage to get the car back together in order to finish the race, but the 3.2 M20, while good on straights, was not very agreeable in corners considering the rear suspension was permanently toed out 2-4 degrees and the aero was destroyed after the rollover.

One of my buddies from PRO3 was driving the Bimmerworld #90 (Dan Rogers) who had brought his own E46 for the rest of the BW drivers to practice in did fairly well (not sure on place though.)

Felt really bad for the guys pitted two places down that were running the Safety Cone Orange E46. After the getting ran in to by the Factory 5 Rodster and replacing much of the rear suspension, they ended up bowing out early as well when an axle bailed on them again.

A few pics:

Our car:

The Audi and an ES going head to head after the green:

The Radical taking a "Field Trip" after turn 1 and the green flag:

Our buddies car in grid after the rollover (the still good side):

Not sure who this is, but it's an E30:

Bright Orange:

Well driven SE30 car that was damn good at blocking us:

Really awesome 510 that almost made it to the end, but it looked like they were having head issues when I last wandered by (it was parked for the remainder of the race:

My buddy Dan's car in practice:

Apex Motorsports, who I believe were rockin' and E30 last year:

Anil's Red E30 (not sure if it's the same motor he was running last year - on 4 cylinders..):

E30 on E30 action:

Last edited by djjerme; 12-11-2012, 04:15 PM.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                              X