Rally Wheels in Colorado - Braid Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rally Wheels in Colorado - Braid Wheels

A member on our rally forum just became a dealer for Braid wheels in Colorado. These wheels are designed for performance applications rather than your standard ESM weaves for example. That said, some of the wheels there look pretty cool.

Here is the original thread. http://coloradorallyracing.com/forum...php?f=13&t=203

Neat selection, not bad prices if they are as strong yet not brittle as one would hope. If you were going to use stock BMW wheels what would you suggest, steelies, caps or weaves or does it not really matter?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Neat selection, not bad prices if they are as strong yet not brittle as one would hope. If you were going to use stock BMW wheels what would you suggest, steelies, caps or weaves or does it not really matter?
      in my personal experience I have bent both weaves and b-caps in the same way: Imagine grabbing the wheel and tilting it one way or another while still bolted to the hub, that's how I've bent wheels.

Essentially it happens when your wheel drops into a hole or hits a berm while you are turning at a decent speed.

So in my experience, use whatever stock wheel is cheapest, so you can replace it.

Comment

Thank you for the link. Not (yet) in the market but with what $$$ I am putting into this car, I can see it happening in the near future.
        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

As silly as this seems, at least till I get a handle on things, I'd like to keep this to mostly local folks. I don't want my first order to be something huge and I screw it up or have people backing out after they've placed the order or anything like that.

Dave
          Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by brianao34 View Post
            Hahaha
            yeah I specified "in Colorado" in my title to try and reflect that, but I still thought it was most relevant in the rally/track/autox section.

Comment

Soo maybe sometime in the future a set of these might replace the compomotives.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
              X