Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 with swap track alignment help

Hello,

I recently finished my e30 with s52 swap. Its running GC coils along with camber plates and the rear adjustment bracket, and E30 m3 offset Fcab. My tire setup is Nitto Nt01 R comps. I am looking for a good alignment setup recommendation. A good start at least to where I can dial it in from there after a few track events. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sel

Try front camber at 3.5deg, zero or 1/16" total toe out and all the caster you can get. Rear camber at 2.5deg and 1/16" total toe in.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

What spring rates are you running?
      JMP Autowerkz
      7349 Canby Ave.
      Reseda, CA 91335
      www.jmpauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        Try front camber at 3.5deg, zero or 1/16" total toe out and all the caster you can get. Rear camber at 2.5deg and 1/16" total toe in.
        Pretty much my exact setup except im at about -4deg in the front. Pretty even tire wear on this setup.

Comment

500/800 gc setup along with nitto nt01 tires

Comment

I run 3.5-4.0 front camber with zero toe and 2.5 camber rear. Rear is not adjustable so whatever toe in I get seems to be just fine. I get 2.5 rear camber with the AKG offset subframe bushings with my 750 rear springs set all the way down.
            JMP Autowerkz
            7349 Canby Ave.
            Reseda, CA 91335
            www.jmpauto.com

Comment

Dont forget you need to put tire size into consideration. If you are running 205's I'd start with Jlevie settings. If you are running 225 you'd generally run less camber.

After each session write down your settings and lap times, number of laps, corner balance at certain tracks, weight, with and without rear sway, etc.. In the end after numerous track sessions you have a decent amount of data that outlines your driving style to settings.

Comment

If you guys have never tried -a little- toe "out" on the front, do it!
                Livin's up the ol' girl! ;)

Comment

why run less camber w/ a 225?...

I run 225's on my track car.....

thnx
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I prefer a lot of toe out, but it depends on the response you want and the tire wear you can live with. I run 1deg of toe out in the front, but it's an autox setup.
                    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Working...
                    X