Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 2013 Vintage Race Schedule! (Season finale at Summit Point Thanksgiving weekend!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're entering our busy season so it's time for another race! In one week's time, we will be heading to Ontario to attend the Canadian Historic Grand Prix at Mosport! (or Canadian Tire blah blah...)
    Here is a link to the event website: http://www.canadianhistoricgrandprix.com/
    This is the largest vintage event in Canada, so you can be sure to see a huge variety of cars including at least 5 E30 M3s!

We will be bringing:

A 1962 Elva MkVII

A 1964 Ginetta G4

A 1965 Lotus Cortina

Come on down (up?) and join us!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Alright all you Ohio/Indiana/Illinois race fans! This coming weekend, we will be at Mid Ohio attending the SVRA Vintage Grand Prix from Thursday through Sunday! Always one of my favorite tracks in our schedule, Mid Ohio always delivers good racing and great opportunities for viewing all around the track. Looking at the entry list (which can be found here), there appears to be everything from Porsche 914/6s and Datsun 510s to an Audi R8 prototype and Lola T9720 Indy Light formula car. There should be something for everyone! As far as our camp, we are bringing:

A 1965 Ginetta G4,

A 1966 Ginetta G4,

And a 1960 Lola MkI

See you there!
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Savannah Harbor is a big spectator event. It is the lead in to the Hilton Head Concours. Was there last year with BMW CCA. Fun event.

Comment

Originally posted by gobuffs View Post
          Savannah Harbor is a big spectator event. It is the lead in to the Hilton Head Concours. Was there last year with BMW CCA. Fun event.
          Thanks, fixed the OP! We haven't been there but are definitely looking forward to it.

Comment

I never posted about our sixth event because we switched to the SVRA event at NJMP and it was basically deserted.

Anyway, our next event is this weekend: The Hawk at Road America! (Guess who the title sponsor is...) This is literally the largest vintage event of our year by a good margin. There are hundreds of cars in attendance every year of absolutely every imaginable size and shape. Trans Am, Formula 5000, sedans, sports cars, pre-war Indy racers, Formula 1...everything. If you can make any vintage event, come to this one. I had a chance to take some pictures last year and I'll post them here so you can get an idea: http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/EL...America%202012

The cars we will be bringing are:
            A 1965 Ginetta G4

A 1965 Ginetta G4

A 1966 Ginetta G4

A 1960 Elva 200 Formula Junior

Only the last two will be racing, but we should have all four out on display. Come on down, you won't believe what you'll see!

Comment

I am planning to do the Hawk in my E30 next year!
              Kyle Burkhardt
              NASA Midwest Spec E30 Series Director
              PajamaPants Racing
              MW SE30 #12

Comment

Awesome! There was one guy with a black and blue SE30 and a Jagermeister-liveried E30 M3 this year.

Side note: Anyone ever heard of Waterford Hills, Michigan? We're here for the weekend. Very cool little track, it's like we're back in the sixties there.

Comment

The summer break is over and it's back to the races! Our next event is the Lime Rock Vintage Festival in Lakeville, CT! From August 30-September 2, you can see racing, a huge variety of displays, and a GIANT car show all day Sunday! Bring your BMWs too because BMW is a title sponsor of the track and you'll be sure to find a car corral that matches your model! This event really is a blast and attracts people from all over the country.

We will be pitted near the end of the main straight if you'd like to stop by, and these are the cars we will be bringing along!

1960 Lola Mk I (now with bare front fenders)

1966 Ginetta G4

1960 Elva 200 Formula Junior

Another 1960 Elva 200 Formula Junior

Stop on by!

Comment

Lime Rock went great; we had two race wins, a second, and a third! Now to the next event: we will be at the Zippo Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen! This is a really fun event for the guys upstate (F34R? Swanny?) at one of the world's great race tracks. There should be a great variety of cars on hand: Formula 5000, pre-war Grand Prix, Formula 1, and Trans Am will all be on offer as well as sports racers and sports cars.

We are bringing:

The 1960 Lola:

A 1965 Ginetta G4:

A 1966 Ginetta G4:

and a 1960 Elva 200 Formula Junior:

Comment

Just curious to know what one of those little race cars cost? My dad has a Devin stashed in his garage and I've always wanted to resurect it and do HSR events. Too bad those vintage events are all up in the North.

Comment

I'll be at Watkins Glen this weekend. I have been participating in the Glenkhana the last few years, and while I was hoping to bring my e30 this year, it is in the middle of getting repainted. I'm driving my miata in the glenkhana, and camping in my 72 vw bus at the track all weekend. I'll look for your cars and try to pop in and say hi. If you see this:

feel free to stop by for a beer!

Comment

Originally posted by IDM View Post
                          Just curious to know what one of those little race cars cost? My dad has a Devin stashed in his garage and I've always wanted to resurect it and do HSR events. Too bad those vintage events are all up in the North.
                          Pricing depends on a LOT with these cars, but if you wanted some more details I'd be happy to talk via PM's about it. What type of Devin does your Dad have (if you know)? The one thing to keep in mind about HSR, at least in my experience, is that they're a bit looser about keeping cars correct and they have a bit of a reputation for sketchy on-track behavior. Not applicable to everyone, but more common than in other clubs like VSCCA or VRG.

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
                          I'll be at Watkins Glen this weekend. I have been participating in the Glenkhana the last few years, and while I was hoping to bring my e30 this year, it is in the middle of getting repainted. I'm driving my miata in the glenkhana, and camping in my 72 vw bus at the track all weekend. I'll look for your cars and try to pop in and say hi. If you see this:

feel free to stop by for a beer!
                          Glad to hear someone will be attending! We're parked right near that pyramid-shaped building with a white and blue striped canopy. What color is the E30 going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                            Glad to hear someone will be attending! We're parked right near that pyramid-shaped building with a white and blue striped canopy. What color is the E30 going to be?
                            I am getting my car resprayed the original color; Luxorbeige Metallic. While part of me would have liked to go to a different, less beige color, I kind of like how non boy-racer a beige car looks, even lowered on Ronal's. That and the cost to re spray the same color (meaning I get to ignore the door jambs, engine bay, trunk, etc) is a lot cheaper than a proper color change. I can half ass a respray with the same color and get perfectly acceptable results, but not with a different color.

I will definitely stop by and try to find you, although I am sure you're going to have your hands full with the fleet of cars your racing.

Comment

We will be pretty busy, but if it helps our cars run in groups 1, 4, and 8. Maybe there's a gap in the schedule somewhere one of these days. Even if not you should at least come see the cars or stop by during lunch.

It's true that doing a true color change is an extremely tough and labor-intensive thing to do properly. Extremely involved. Luxorbeige is pretty uncommon too so why not keep it, right?

Comment

It's finally time for me to get another chance in the driver's seat! We're heading to New Jersey Motorsports Park's Lightning circuit from September 20 to 22 for their vintage celebration! We will be there with VRG and if I'm not mistaken there is also an awesome vintage airshow all weekend! I've seen Mustangs, Lightnings, Thunderbolts, Wildcats, and Hueys among other cool machines in the air all weekend.

This weekend is a cool change for us because it's a test and tune just for me and Dad! We will be using:

A 1966 Ginetta G4

and a 1965 Lotus Cortina!

Comment

Working...
                                X