Mid Ohio in the damp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid Ohio in the damp

I finally got around to making a short video of the first few laps from a race at O'fest last year. I'd heard that Mid Ohio got slick in the wet, but didn't really appreciate how slick it could get. It didn't help at all that the clutch was slipping and grabbing at the time.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Wow! And it looks like you weren't the only one having a hard time out there.
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Yikes. My Dad drove his G4 there a couple years ago and spun in the rain just trying to exit the pits. It's silly how slick it is from what the guys were saying.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

They have really screwed Mid Oh up the last few years after the 2006 repave with the various kinds of sealers they're using now. There's probably at least 14 different types on the track currently, and none of them behave the same at all. It's a shame, because the track used to have a really good wet line, now it's a crap shoot of where you put the car, it may be slick, it may grip, it may be ice, and it changes almost every month.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

geez.....

I thought Lime Rock sucked in the wet.....
          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
          X