My very first AutoX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My very first AutoX

Went Auto-Xing for my first time last sunday and had a blast other than getting totally sunburnt. Also, not sure if it was the correct class or not, but they had me in Street Modified in my S52 swapped E30.

Results:
    PAX: 65th out of 111
    Raw time result: 57th of 111
    Class: 1st of 3. Other cars were a built Monte Carlo SS and an 05 R32.

1st run: 82.119 seconds - Spun like crazy off the line, missed a shift in the U-turn and ended up having to completely stop, then 2 corners later, did a 360 in the middle of the track. It was a combination of too much speed + lack of experience + pavement change. There was a lot of change from sticky cement to slippery asphalt.

2nd run: 68.583+2 - I hit the same cone twice. Once on the way down through the slalom and again on the way back. Fuckers.

3rd run: 68.487+1 - Same. Cone. Again. Only hit it on the way back this time. I'm not a fast learner.

4th run: 68.639 - Finally cone free! This was a pretty clean run. Still, not as fast as I had hoped, but I was consistent. I definitely had the course down and learned how to ease on the throttle, rather than Jeremy Clarkson the thing every time I got a chance.

The course. The middle cone in the slalom is the bitch cone.

Not sold on the #3 but it was the stencil I had. Don't worry, that's plasti-dip.

Anyway, it was pretty cool to me so I thought I'd share.

My first time was this past Sunday as well. I was also placed in SM.

That looks like a fun course - certainly faster than the parking lot(s) our local chapter uses. Seems they haven't had much success procuring venues since the superspeedway closed down. At least the next one is at a half mile (!) road course.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Cool! And engine swap = SM, so that is correct. Add a good diff and r-tires with more experience and you'll have even more fun!
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        My first time was this past Sunday as well. I was also placed in SM.

That looks like a fun course - certainly faster than the parking lot(s) our local chapter uses. Seems they haven't had much success procuring venues since the superspeedway closed down. At least the next one is at a half mile (!) road course.
        Yes it was a ton of fun. When I went 2 weeks ago to spectate, I wasn't impressed with the course, even when I got to ride along in a few very cool cars. This time was MUCH better!

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        Cool! And engine swap = SM, so that is correct. Add a good diff and r-tires with more experience and you'll have even more fun!
        I heard some confliciting opinions so that's what made me skeptical. Good to hear I wasn't cheating :D

I'm running a 2.93 LSD and had a set of Hankook RS-3s on the car that were pretty much toast. Soon I'll pick up another set. I'll need them for the HPDE in October.

Comment

Working...
        X