E30 vs sc2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 vs sc2

So Im in high school as some might know. Well, so after I got my E30, that was a major upgrade from what I had before. And well so a freind of mine was all like, "my SC2 will whip your E30's ass." and then went on explain how it would with his main argument being that his car is all plastic and front wheel drive.
    So soon when I get more time I will beat him..... any thoughts guys?
    "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Beat him in what??
    sigpic

Comment

88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
      We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by brent5631 View Post
        Beat him in what??
        Beat him in a short little race.
        He has a 1997 and my e30 is a 1991....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
        "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

As in a Saturn SC2?

If so, your car should be faster......by quite a bit if it's a 325i, and would be closer with a 318is.
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

You're proposing a drag race with a stock 1997 saturn. I know you're in high school, but still...
            88 325is - S52 powered

Comment

A+ thread would read again.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                As in a Saturn SC2?

If so, your car should be faster......by quite a bit if it's a 325i, and would be closer with a 318is.
                I got a 318i he has a stock Saturn sc2
                With a supposed 9 second 0-60

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                  You're proposing a drag race with a stock 1997 saturn. I know you're in high school, but still...
                  Are you suggesting there's no chance he would win?

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Told him you don't want to waste your gas on him. If you can't resist, paid that $15 and take it to the track. If he hasn't been to the drag strip before, you'll likely take him. If you both are newbie, you both will failed sadly. Good luck and have fun

Some hints: remove all unnesscary weight, run with a 1/4 filled gas tank. Make sure tires are inflated. The red lights moved fast so be ready to launch once you're in position. Increase your clutch stop = faster shift
                    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

So I get that you're young and wanna chest-pound for the ladies and all, but let's just take a step back here. You have an 318i and he has a Saturn. No matter what happens, no part of this will be impressive. If anything, it'll just reinforce the "douchebag high school kid behind the wheel" stereotype. Listen to Mr. Vang and take it somewhere legal and appropriate if you really need to settle the score or whatever.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by kj4yxy View Post
                        Are you suggesting there's no chance he would win?

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                        So I get that you're young and wanna chest-pound for the ladies and all, but let's just take a step back here. You have an 318i and he has a Saturn. No matter what happens, no part of this will be impressive. If anything, it'll just reinforce the "douchebag high school kid behind the wheel" stereotype. Listen to Mr. Vang and take it somewhere legal and appropriate if you really need to settle the score or whatever.
                        This is what I was getting at, in a roundabout way. I was hoping you would do some critical thinking of your own.
                        88 325is - S52 powered

Comment

You'll take this as long as you don't use your NOS too soon, junior.

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                            This is what I was getting at, in a roundabout way. I was hoping you would do some critical thinking of your own.
                            Good point. I don't want to ruin my near mint motor and trans.

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Originally posted by kj4yxy View Post
                              Good point. I don't want to ruin my near mint motor and trans.
                              You completely missed the point on that one bud....
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X