No announcement yet.

The r3v autocross video thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I am looking forward to the 245 rc1, though I don't exactly have the wheels to run em on.

Comment

New tires and a chip. Felt like a brand new car on course.

91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

Just ordered a sony action cam at a super cheap price!

CAn't wait for autox sunday

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
        PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
        Originally posted by marshallnoise
        You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

MSNE autox 4/20

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
          PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
          Originally posted by marshallnoise
          You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

I was running out of gear in the straight aways in second gear. Not enough room to switch to third, but to long for second. I have a 373 LSD. What diff ratio would give me a longer second gear in my 325e?

EDIT:
            Times for the 3 e30s in my class which was BMWCCA AA class
            Michael Kolesar with a 49.159
            Me with a 49.880
            Stephen Kolesar with a 50.020
            Last edited by deutschman; 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

No video -

Cam screwed up. But, my new setup, and a 5th fastest raw time for the day. Took my class by 4.5 seconds.

sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

^ Nice!
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post

I was running out of gear in the straight aways in second gear. Not enough room to switch to third, but to long for second. I have a 373 LSD. What diff ratio would give me a longer second gear in my 325e?
                  Cool, you went to the Marina BMWCCA event.

3.46 is probably your magic number for local autox. Also your LSD clutches are worn, you're roasting the inside coming out of corners.
                  Last edited by Wh33lhop; 04-28-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Nice work Gary Horneck!

My best run yesterday:

91 318is Members' Rides Thread

Comment

I drove about 30 miles to the event on brand new Dunlop Z2's (225/45/16). First run in the vid is the 5th run on the tires, 2nd run is the 8th run.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        Cool, you went to the Marina BMWCCA event.

3.46 is probably your magic number for local autox. Also your LSD clutches are worn, you're roasting the inside coming out of corners.
                        Thanks for the info. Ill have to rebuild it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by serdar255 View Post
                          MSNE autox 4/20

Get closer to the cones man!
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Learning that stang on slicks finally... won ESP this time so that's nice. Torsen diff is proving troublesome with the high load differentials of the slicks though, you can hear me battling it to put power down exiting right handers

here's my overzealous tire warming run, heh

Comment

Nice run Wh33lhop! Looks like you guys can finally put down some of that power. What tire's did you guys go with?

Ran with PCA this weekend. Fun course. First event on rivals. I went with 225/45/15 on my 15x8 c1's. I was planing to put them on some 15x9's eventually but i'm already thinking bigger. Compared to the tired v710's they replaced cold grip was amazing and much more nimble. As they warmed up they felt like they lost some magic, 90* day though. Time wise they were quite consistent.

First run is dirty but somewhat exciting. Got lazy in the first slalom but was quite happy with the rest of the run. Second run is clean but conservative. Only .09 difference.

Comment

I am really jelly of all of those awesome courses you have out there at ET. I had a similar thing with my fastest and what should have been my fastest runs

My final and most aggressive run on Sunday (backwards course from saturday) the torsen diff is really hindering the car's ability to put the power down at this point (39.08 )

Here's the actual fastest run, just nice and clean (38.98 )

Oh we're on 315/30R18 R1-S on 18x11s... they are giant but the car hides em well heh
                                Last edited by Wh33lhop; 05-08-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X