Some Autox Vidyas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Autox Vidyas

I figured I'd post some videos from last month's autocross. I let my friend take a spin in my turbo car. Let's just say we settled the argument about who's car has more grip...

The second video is a pretty typical run for me. I don't think it was my fastest, but it should give a pretty good idea of how the course was supposed to be run. An comments/criticism of my driving is welcome :)

The Great Big M20 Timing Belt DIY

Some good information I've found online (no affiliation):
    Turbo Tech (Garrett)
    Four-cycle information and cam properties for beginners (ISKY Racing Cams)

If you could keep it in boost through the solemn that would cut some seconds off your times. I assume your not running a 4.10 lsd? All I can say is practice practice practice :) Besides that your driving seems fine. What does your friend drive?

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
      If you could keep it in boost through the solemn that would cut some seconds off your times. I assume your not running a 4.10 lsd? All I can say is practice practice practice :) Besides that your driving seems fine. What does your friend drive?
      Yeah, the turbo (H1C) is too big, and my ignition map is way conservative in the low-to-mid RPM range. I don't reach full boost until after 4K. I'm hoping to improve spool by a small amount by getting more aggressive with the timing. I may wind up running a smaller turbo, but I'd like to keep this one if I can, since I'm also considering swapping in a M5x later this year.

I have the 3.73 LSD that came in the car.

Thanks for the comments!

BTW - this was on 7 PSI.
      The Great Big M20 Timing Belt DIY

Some good information I've found online (no affiliation):
      Turbo Tech (Garrett)
      Four-cycle information and cam properties for beginners (ISKY Racing Cams)

Comment

Working...
      X