Fun Spec E30 Race Video from last season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Spec E30 Race Video from last season

Just waiting for the snow to melt here so we can get back out there again! I thought I'd share a cool video from a race at Autobahn Country Club from last year.

It was an interesting race to say the least. Though I won't complain since it was my first win! The other two cars, the red and white e30s where on rain tires and I was on slicks. The track kept on getting drier and drier (luckily for me) which made the hard fought win slightly easier.

The first two laps are pretty exciting, and then skip to 18:20 for some three wide action, and then skip to 24:00 for some minor contact.

Enjoy!

Midwest Spec E30 #64

https://www.facebook.com/thestickergarage

Nice video. I was there that weekend in HPDE group. I think during this particular race I was standing just behind tire wall on turn 1. I also can't wait to get back on the track, I think first event is near St Louis end of March.
    1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
    1990 e30 325is
    1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

Originally posted by vitiokas95 View Post
      Nice video. I was there that weekend in HPDE group. I think during this particular race I was standing just behind tire wall on turn 1. I also can't wait to get back on the track, I think first event is near St Louis end of March.
      Yes sir, just outside St. Louis at Gateway. I'm hoping to make it there, but funds are lacking at the moment so we'll see!

Did you paddock with the rest of the e30s there? I'm sure I probably saw you or possibly even met you at some point if you where with the rest of the group.
      Midwest Spec E30 #64

Comment

I only managed to find a space just when you enter the gate on the lawn. This event was crowded.
        1990 e30 325is

Comment

All E30s are welcome in our paddock area, so in the future get ahold of me and I'll save a spot for you. Lunch's provided too!
          Kyle Burkhardt
          NASA Midwest Spec E30 Series Director
          PajamaPants Racing
          MW SE30 #12

Comment

Originally posted by cosm3os View Post
            All E30s are welcome in our paddock area, so in the future get ahold of me and I'll save a spot for you. Lunch's provided too!

Thanks. What about S50 powered E30? Still welcomed?
            1990 e30 325is

Comment

Originally posted by vitiokas95 View Post
              Thanks. What about S50 powered E30? Still welcomed?
              Yep. My car used to be an s50/5 lug swap until I started hanging around these guys... ;)
              Midwest Spec E30 #64

Comment

Good to hear. Hopefully I will see you guys in March at Gateway.
                1990 e30 325is

Comment

Working...
                X