X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Talk to me about your Azenis and track time with them.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Talk to me about your Azenis and track time with them.
        I love them. They are the stickiest tires I've ever owned, though to be fair they're also the only set I've owned with a 200 tread wear rating. They provide great audible feedback, and are very predictable when you're smooth. I only got slightly out of shape a couple of times over the weekend, and both times were the result of my inputs - not any fault of the tire.

I will say they're not great in the rain, at least when it comes to standing water - which there was a LOT of on the track after the downpours we had, as the pics will show.

I did have a chance to do a direct comparison this past weekend against my street tires, which are almost new (< 1000 miles) Nitto NeoGens with a 280 tread wear rating. Because of the heavy rain Saturday morning, I switched to the Nittos since it was pucker inducing at anything over 70.

Once the track mostly dried up (amazingly quickly, considering there were some turns with more than 6" of water spanning almost the width of the track - so calling them "puddles" wouldn't paint the picture properly), I ran one session with the Nittos still on the car. They were okay, though they had noticeably less grip in the corners, especially the off-camber ones.

The Nittos would push when cornered hard despite some audible protestation, though the Azenis would grab and keep grabbing until they went from singing to screaming - at which point I knew I was near their limit of adhesion. The feel in the steering wheel between the two is noticeably different as well.

The Nittos are great street tires, but the Azenis kick their ass on the track.

Comment

Comment

You left your windows open btw...

But really, great looking pictures. I hope to make it to a track this year.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

looking really really good.

2 Questions, what transmission are you using, and what differential? I'm in process of amassing parts for an M50 with M54 internals, and am up in the air about which trans to use (Getrag 250 or 265), and that would determine the rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by philakamrbean View Post
                looking really really good.
                Thanks!

Originally posted by philakamrbean View Post
                2 Questions, what transmission are you using, and what differential?
                I'm using a ZF320 and a 3.15 Torsen.

Here's the build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289540

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  The Bluegrass Bimmers CCA hosted their Spring event at NCM this past weekend. Here's a video of the final session with one of my friends (who is an instructor, though he wasn't mine) riding shotgun and giving me pointers.

I got to within about two seconds of the times he was running in his S50 powered E30 M3, so I'm definitely happy with that.

Drink every time he says "Floor it!" or "Gas!"

Looks like a fuckin blast man

Comment

I went back to NCM with Chin Motorsports this past weekend. Saturday we ran the "Grand Max Straight" course, which bypasses the "Sinkhole" section (my first time doing that) - this means slightly higher top speeds down the front straight. Sunday we ran the usual "Grand Full" course. More pics and video to come.

Comment

They let you run in the rain ? How fast were you going?
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

You still have a rear bumper? *fingers crossed*
                        Originally posted by Andy.B
                        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                          They let you run in the rain ? How fast were you going?
                          The CCA runs rain or shine. They only close the track for severe weather, and I'd bet that's more for the safety of the staff than anything else. With so much standing water that day, I don't think I ever topped 90.

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                          You still have a rear bumper? *fingers crossed*
                          I do!

Comment

Saturday:

Sunday:

Comment

Some shots from the Chin event, taken by Zach at ABI Photography.

Comment

Seems I'm not the only one who likes that last shot. :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                                X