Building an SE30, and some stupid questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building an SE30, and some stupid questions

Ah ha... here's the racing subforum. I've started gutting an e30 for racing - originally was thinking TTE, but am now going to go SE30 with it, here in SoCal.

I have a blog - www.wrenchaholics.com - where I'm writing about it. (and other stuff, like my TTB Lotus Elise) I'd also like to contribute here however I can. Anything in particular y'all would want to read about regarding getting a car prepped for racing? Or going racing?

In other news, where can I find r3vlimited stickers to slap on the car? I see y'all running them, but no linky... They've got to be good for a couple horsepower. Would love to make sure there's some representation out there.

Cheers,

Cade
    E30 Time Trial build and other racing addictions - www.wrenchaholics.com

What, seriously? None of us knows where to get a R3VLimited sticker? :( bummed.

Maybe a mod can chime in... I must have stickers! :D

Comment

Comment

There we go - thank you sir!

Comment

I think one thing that's missing is properly installing safety equipment like seats and harnesses. There are general guides out there, but seeing the make specific mounting points would probably be good. For example, there are fuel lines that run under the driver's seat in the e30, knowing where to properly mount the 5th or 6th point to make sure the angles are correct and not hit those lines could be useful.
          88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
          We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

That's a great idea - and since we're still waiting on the cage from the fabricator (supposedly this week, but... ) we haven't done this part yet.

I'll make sure to get good documentation of the process. It is a little tricky installing harnesses in a sedan or coupe as opposed to a two-seat sports car.

One of the things that's really necessary in our cars is stabilizing the seat. Even with a fairly stiff seat, it will probably need the back of it braced against the rollbar.

Here's an in-car video of my car at buttonwillow, no harness or seat bracing. Take a look at how much the seat moves. I'm sure my weight (210 lbs) has nothing to do with that... :roll eyes:

If you want to read the write up that goes with it - that's here.

Last time out at the track, we shook down the E30 and managed to break some stuff.  But more importantly, we hung out with some all-around great people and skilled drivers. Running into an old frie…

Cheers,

Cade

Comment

Working...
            X