schroth belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schroth belts

i tried posting this in the interior section , but got no responces. i am putting schroth AUTOCONTROL belts in my 91 325i. i have always put their stationary belts in my cars, but i found a great deal on these ($132.00 + shipping for both seats!). the retractors are suppoded to mount on the rear parcel tray, but they mount too low and i am having interference problems with the back seat and the belt. if anyone has installed them what did you do? i could make a spacer block out of solid alum., but i am not sure about the safety of using the longer bolts. i am using recarros from a mk2 vw jetta btw.
    greg
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

bump............ anyone?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

well since no one will answer my question i called the us dist today and the said i will either need an adapter to space the inertia reels out away from the seat backs....read sticking out in space over the seat... or i can also mount them to the "c" or "d" points....read middle mounting points on the seat bottom and have the reels sitting on the seats lower cushion at the crease. hope this helps someone else.
      greg

Comment

Thanks for posting your info, but I honestly think that reason you didn't get any responses is that no one on this forum has those same belts. They're kinda pricey, y'see....

Comment

yea, i normally couldn't justify the $ they want for that style (that's why i have always gone with the ralley 4's in my other cars). i do like the idea of being able to reach the glove box w/o having to unbuckle though, and like i said i got a killer deal on them $132.00 +shipping (for both seats!) and they were like new and even had pads! (a must if anyone gets schroth belts, makes it much more comfy!) also the adapters, if anyone wants them, are $14.95 each. to help out i will post pics when i am done with the install.
          greg
          Last edited by der affe; 05-23-2006, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X