Palmer Motorsports Park!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B1mmer View Post
    I've not been there, but have looked at enough of the videos to know that I wouldn't show up there with a car that wasn't disposable. I know that should be the case regardless of where you run, but there is essentially no room for error with the lack of runoff there. - AB

All of the barriers are now up, and the parts of the track that I saw looked to have sufficient run off. I was skeptical about the granite lining the track too. But they seem to have blasted them back. That coupled with the tire walls/barriers, everything looked really good.

Comment

Originally posted by squidrope View Post
      All of the barriers are now up, and the parts of the track that I saw looked to have sufficient run off. I was skeptical about the granite lining the track too. But they seem to have blasted them back. That coupled with the tire walls/barriers, everything looked really good.
      Good to know. I'll watch some more recent videos and get a better feel for it then. - AB

Comment

Originally posted by squidrope View Post
        Stopped at Palmer last Sunday on my way home from the TA race at Lime Rock. They were having open practice with about 20 cars there. The track looks awesome! In car videos don't do the elevation changes justice (190'). I was hoping that Lemons or Chump would run there, but after doing some research it looks like the track is limited to 40 cars per event. I'll have to try the next open practice if I want to drive it.

FYI-They do not allow spectators. We were lucky to get in by sweet talking/begging the track managers wife.
        Yeah, I was trying to get Phil to include it on the North East track list or toss in Albany Safety Track but they seem to winding down our events.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

There's a lot more rubber down on the track now. The best I could muster was a 1:57.3 today. I know the car could do 10 seconds better, but I'm slowly adding speed everywhere! Today, things clicked a lot more for me after having been here 3 days prior.

COMSCC at Palmer Motorsports Park in Ware, MA, weekend of June 6-7, 2015. This is my best lap, a 1:57.3, during open track.. I did a 1:58 during the TT. A lo...

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

man, that sound...

looks super fun dude.

Comment

Nice and smooth Fred, worked over the weekend and missed out as normal.

Comment

Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake!
                Toyota Pickup

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                  Nice and smooth Fred, worked over the weekend and missed out as normal.
                  Ya gotta get there one of these weekends!

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
                  Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake!
                  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Nice driving, Fred! The track looks a little intimidating. How did your brakes feel?

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                      Ya gotta get there one of these weekends!
                      I have an event at Palmer in August but next month I signed up for a DE with CT chapter but flying has me booked.

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                        Nice driving, Fred! The track looks a little intimidating. How did your brakes feel?
                        Heh thanks. I'm still off the pace, but I'm slowly adding speed everywhere. The brakes felt great. I felt like I could place the car repeatably with the brakes, which I was struggling with before. I don't think Palmer is that hard on brakes, as they have plenty of time to cool off. I didn't have to bleed all weekend, whereas at NH I have to bleed every 3 sessions.

The track sure doesn't have much runoff in many areas, so you have to add speed gradually.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        I have an event at Palmer in August but next month I signed up for a DE with CT chapter but flying has me booked.
                        oh awesome, I'm going to be there again 8/1 and 8/2 with COM. I know I have a couple seconds to shave just maintaining speed and braking later, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                          Heh thanks. I'm still off the pace, but I'm slowly adding speed everywhere. The brakes felt great. I felt like I could place the car repeatably with the brakes, which I was struggling with before. I don't think Palmer is that hard on brakes, as they have plenty of time to cool off. I didn't have to bleed all weekend, whereas at NH I have to bleed every 3 sessions.

The track sure doesn't have much runoff in many areas, so you have to add speed gradually.
                          Yea, you can definitely tell you're holding back/learning the track. Lots going on there. Nice and smooth and the car sounds fantastic. You can tell the car has serious balls. You have me salivating to get mine on the road. Can't wait to drive Mt. Panaroma, version USA. :D

Comment

Ran with NTD earlier this week.

Impressions. Track is a blast of a roller coaster. Not a huge fan of the amazingly blind T1. You no kidding need to rely on the corner worker as you can't see past turn-in. Track has been ground down in a few areas, makes for a fun little bump in Turn 2? and Turn 9 or 10? (right hander at top of hill leading into the decreasing radius left hander before the run down the hill). The drop into the bowl of Turn 7 is simply huge, as is the rest of the turn.

There are still minimal in terms of facilities. There is at least a massive tent for shade.

Managed a 1.57.85, but camera was full. Got a 1.58.05 on camera. 325e, SM7, c/o, braces and bars.

Not fastest lap of day (1.57.85) but fastest camera caught. Car is F-Prepared BMW 325e autocrosser on used SM7s. NTD rocks!notes: Please excuse the horrib...

Comment

I did a 1:55.6 according to my AiM Solo on this lap

The timing isn't perfectly sync'd for some reason with the video. I tried to sync the speed and g-force data as closely as I could.

This is the third lap in a time trial. I had a high 54 in practice until I messed up getting onto the front straight.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X