Got Guts At Thunderhill II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Guts At Thunderhill II

Got Guts at Thunderhill II is now officially on the track docket. It will be held on Monday, April 23, 2007, at Thunderhill Park in Willows, California. Last June more than 70 drivers made the original track event a success. Through your registration, contributions and raffle ticket purchases, we raised more than $10,000 for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (www.ccfa.org). Next year I hope to at least match that total.

The driver fee for GGATII is only up slightly, to $225. In 2007 we will again have 3 run groups, one (1) advanced group (30 drivers) and two (2) intermediate groups (25 drivers each), so you can still expect more than two hours of track time. And of course lunch and refreshments will be provided. The minimum experience requirement will be two (2) prior track days … instructors will not be provided. And of course, the raffle next year will be even bigger than last June’s event.

The website at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com has been updated, and we are now accepting registrations. I know, its early, but last summer I had to turn away more than two dozen drivers. So if you want to ensure a spot, please don’t wait until the last minute. Contact me at freescopesdad@comcast.net if you need more information. See you at the track.

Ron Petrich

I'd love to go but funds are a bit tight right now.
    Thunderhill is a great track. My favorite so far.
    Normally I'd think that price is a bit high but the fact that the money goes somewhere usefull, I'd pay it. And still might.
    Good luck!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Joshh, that price is actually at the low end of the scales. Many organizers are charging $250 - $275 for a day at Thunderhill. Our track day includes lunch and snacks throughout the day, and only 3 run groups, so each driver will get a minimum of 6 20-minute sessions plus a combined session in the afternoon. Hope this info helps.

Ron
      www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm just used to the $125.00 at PIR.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Driver list updated at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/driverlist.html.

Ron

Comment

I'd be up for it if it wasn't almost 1000 miles away!

Laguna Seca ever have HPDE's? Can't find any info on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
              I'd be up for it if it wasn't almost 1000 miles away!

Laguna Seca ever have HPDE's? Can't find any info on it.
              Yea, my bro is doing one sometime I think this summer. I think with the Bay Area BMWCCA.

Will
              RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
              Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
              DaveCN = Old Man
              My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Hey guys, we're about 2 months out and the registrations are starting to roll in. Don't be caught without a slot with your name and number on it. At least send me an email at freescopesdad@comcast.net if you plan to be there on April 23rd. Thanks.
                Ron

Comment

Well, just one month away and we already have 50 signups so far... 10 spots still open in advanced and 20 in intermediate. We have a good mix too... 20 Miatas, 8 Porsches, 3 Corvettes, 3 BMWs, 3 Elises, 1 Ferrari, etc. Sign up at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/registration.html.

Mazur, you are right, 1000 miles is a long way, but thanks for thinking about it, even for just a second. When AMP opened a few years ago (the one just south of Luke AFB) I drove down in my Miata (towing a tire trailer) for their opening weekend. It was a NASA event in April as I recall, and it rained all day. But we had fun at a great track. Too bad it had to close. Lots of clubs do HPDE's at Laguna. There is a link to their non-professional schedule at their website. Check it out.

Ron

Comment

Hey guys and gals, just 2 weeks left. There is still both advanced and intermediate space left, and the raffle is just plain huge. Check it out at www.gotgutsatthunderhill.com/raffle.html.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                    X