Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag guys... how do you get e30s to hook up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag guys... how do you get e30s to hook up?

What kind of tires and pressures? Alignment changes?

Thanks.

check out e30tech. I dont check the site anymore but there used to be a few drag guys in the 11's and 12's

I think most of them ran drag radials on bottlecaps

Comment

Haven't run my e30 yet, and don't know if I will but generally if you're looking for max traction you want very little camber, or even some positive camber, reason being that when you launch and your suspension compresses you will gain negative camber. Negative camber means less tire is in contact which reduces your ability to hook up. Since most of this isn't adjustable on an e30 I would just run some drag radials at 23lbs or so and launch it.
      sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
      Current:
      1988 325is S52
      Former:
      2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
      1988 M5
      1996 328is

Comment

Trailing arms modded to gain positive camber, drag radials and spare halfshafts.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Tire rack has 215/60R14 BFG drag radials for cheap. We'll probably pick up a set. I'm also planning to run stock auto springs to get as much ride height (and thus weight transfer) as possible. We're running a 2.93... hopefully we manage to not break the halfshafts.

Anyone think a welded open diff would be better than an LSD?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
            Tire rack has 215/60R14 BFG drag radials for cheap. We'll probably pick up a set. I'm also planning to run stock auto springs to get as much ride height (and thus weight transfer) as possible. We're running a 2.93... hopefully we manage to not break the halfshafts.

Anyone think a welded open diff would be better than an LSD?
            I think it would be cheaper. Lots of "drifters" and drag guys use welded diffs. It's not uncommon at all. I'm on a tight budget. I'd do it.

~Zar4

Comment

I'm going to be picking up a set of those BFG's as well to run on a set of spare wheels. EVERYONE I know that runs those tires HOOKS like mad. Are you running this on the M50?
              My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Not my car.

Comment

Working...
                X