No announcement yet.

8 hour enduro at Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm at work, but you sure lucked out on the weather.

Comment

The race was a blast.... During the practice in the morning the rear crank seal started leaking, so we monitored the oil level for the rest of practice. The car drove great with Fred in there for the first hour 45, Then ian got in there and started complaining of a slipping clutch. Not something we were too excited to hear, luckily after going easy on it for a while it cooled down and started to grip again. With Ian in the car we gained some standing, then Greg miller took over and did a fantastic job with consistent times and smooth driving... Then ted got in the car and drove the piss out of it for 3 hours! In the end we finished 3rd in p2, even after having to fashion a tail light to the trunk lid, our fuel cell only picking up 16 of the 22 gallons, the car overheating, and pissing oil out the rear crank seal.... we still drove the car onto the podium! with the water at ~270! anyway it was a great weekend so here is a crappy camera phone pic.

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Congratulations on getting it to the finish and making it to the podium.

Comment

It was a helluva race! Thanks for getting the car together Francis, and Keith for all your help! One of the more memorable races I've done!
          -Ted

Comment

A few shots I took:
            P0 Cobra Mustang that was fast as hell for about 5 hours

The Green Dot car

Adair Motorsports e36 that won overall

Mike Helton's car

Our cool lights

Grassroots tail light install. An LED flashlight (I told you it wouldn't fall off Francis) with a red reflector tapped to it. Attached to a piece of cardboard (with tape), then about 40 yards more tape to hold it to the deck lid

Some of the happy crew after the race

Thanks to Josh H for getting those parts for us.

Ted - You deserve a ride an Grand Am or ALMS

Keith

Comment

Working...
            X