X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trackin it

So what u think ?

Not 2 bad for my 2nd time out...

It's alright, you have some bad habits to shake. At least they are consistent.

You seem to be afraid of the turtles or you are not looking ahead, makes you miss the apex by a few feet sometimes. They're very flat on that course, attack the bitches. And I'm sure your instructor has told you but never focus infront of the car, that will take care of itself, you've already seen it - look where you're about to go.

Watch the shifting, you'll kill your clutch like that (the VROOoooom sound when you shift is you getting on the gas before the clutch is fully engaged).

On the turn before the front straight and the turn after (and sometimes others, but pretty consistently on those), you are trail-engine braking until almost the apex. Once you get done with your braking and begin the turn in, get on the gas immediately and balance or once you start going faster you'll find yourself spinning out.

Comment

soembody needs a new dash.
      --Will

Comment

so THAT's why you south africans NEED so much horsepower in a track car! more missed apexs than daily rapes in SA

your tires sound like they don't like your turn-ins

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post

Watch the shifting, you'll kill your clutch like that (the VROOoooom sound when you shift is you getting on the gas before the clutch is fully engaged).
          Sounded to me like he was trying to heel-toe and was really working the heel!

On the turn before the front straight and the turn after (and sometimes others, but pretty consistently on those), you are trail-engine braking until almost the apex. Once you get done with your braking and begin the turn in, get on the gas immediately and balance or once you start going faster you'll find yourself spinning out.
          Yep.

Brake later, hit the apex and man oh man - get on that throttle right away. Otherwise, as Dmitry suggests, and as the Nascar guys would say, you'll find yourself "getting loose".

BTW, was the instructor holding your camera? Clearly it wasn't mounted.
          Current Cars
          2014 M235i
          2009 R56 Cooper S
          1998 M3
          1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
            Sounded to me like he was trying to heel-toe and was really working the heel!
            I mean on the upshifts. His left leg lags behind the right.

Comment

Ok, I've got a slight excuse for the missed apex's... it's those seats, a std 325i non sport seats, so u find yourself hanging onto the steerign wheel into the corners, sometimes.

Then on the brakes, I'm still running std 325i brakes... which will be changed soon, with some hawk HP Plus pads, braided lines, Dot 5.1 fluid, and braided lines.

Aswell, as going out on semi slicks next time.

My instructor is a member on this forum Andreas... and one of the best drivers I've some across, I think there is loads to be learnt from him and his brother.

Comment

C'mon guys, I anticipated the worst before watching the clip. The driver is okay. He uses all the track, does mistakes, but he is learning. Sure he releases the accelerator too early (braaaaapppppp), but hey, he wants to take his time. It's okay. he seems to understand all the principles and clearly identifies when he is too late at the apex, or missed it.

Keep on the good work. Practice, practice, practice.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Looks like you had a good time and learned a bit. Car sounds good too :)

Fun isn't it?
                  San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Not too bad.
                    We all have habits to break. Work on them one at a time.
                    A good camera mount would help.
                    And yes not being seated while cornering sucks. Even a lap belt for track days only would help a ton.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, I plan on havign some fixed back buckets, and harnesses when I next go on track.

What do u guys mean by my throttle ? I know I get a bit happy with the throttle sometimes when heel toeing... but otherwise I'm not sure what u talking about ?

Comment

Working...
                      X