X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beertech Podium????!?!?!?!?!

Pics/details/etc to follow!
    BEERTECH

I had an up and down weekend. Saturday was great. I qualied 7th for the first race. Al was nice enough to spin on the first lap which opened the door for me to get by Laura for 6th. Laura was faster and I fought the whole race to keep her behind me. Having Al behind her and trying to pass surely helped. After that, I just tried to keep it clean as Mike Skeen went off in T3 and a lap or two later Mike D. went off in Fishhook. Voila, 3rd place!

The second race I started from 7th again but was able to get around Laura after a few hard fought laps. After that, it was weaving through traffic until I caught up with Al and Mike D who were having a tough time with traffic. Mike went off on the outside of T3 again and I was left to molest Al's bumper, chicken and all. I followed him for a lap almost sneeking by in the banking before they through a red flag for a grass fire under Mike's car. All hell broke loose when the Miata in front of Al and I checked up hard when the red came out. Needless to say, two beautiful Toyo's lives came to an early demise locking up before I gave Al a love tap coming to a stop.

That was the end to the race and Sunday sucked for me. Add a totalled Konig to the three ruined Toyos! Thanks THSCC for the great curbs!

Big congrats go to Mike D. for finally winning his first races. The early race on Sunday was an incredible win for him, wait till he posts the finish.

All and all it was a great finale for the Rock. Travis was slow and everyone should watch out for Indy Jim. He was really fast especially with it being his first real races! I almost fogot to mention that I won the drawing for a free AFM bore inspection. I passed, must be why I'm down on power. Carter, make sure you thank Jr. from all of us for his tireless wheel and car cleaning while you guys were there. The ugly red wheels never looked so good.
    sigpic
    DE's are a tease.
    Build a racecar.

Comment

Congrats, JP!!!!!!

You coming to Nationals?
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Nope, I've only got enough dough for three more SE races: Road Atlanta, Roebling, and Summit Point.

Having to buy another set of tires, a rim, and a cool shirt aren't helping either.

I'm planning on coming up next year though. Hopefully by then I'll be on a decent pace with the front pack.

JP
        sigpic
        DE's are a tease.
        Build a racecar.

Comment

Sounds like a good weekend. I really need a SpecE30..

Comment

spec

I gotta do spec......congrats

can we get some vids?????????????
            I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan View Post
              I gotta do spec......congrats

can we get some vids?????????????

Doc,

Go to You Tube or Google video and search "Spec e30" - there are quite a few videos out there.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
                Doc,

Go to You Tube or Google video and search "Spec e30" - there are quite a few videos out there.

...you rock. Thanx

hey..what spark plug wires should i get????? oe or IE or magnecor.......or?........
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

There's no real advantage to any of the performance wires over the plain OE set.
                  The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                  Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I am running OE wires in my 238 whp turbo motor... they are fine.
                    :: PNW Crew ::
                    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Dude, many many props!!! Hope to see more podium finishes!
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

How is Al? I haven't seen ol' taylor in forever. --A good friend of the family.

'90 325i

Comment

I see Spece30 is at VIR July 27-29. What goes on Friday-Saturday?

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Are you guys running with NASA? I am assuming you are as I don't know any other sanctioning body with that series. If it is with NASA, it is a shame you can not make Nationals, last year was a blast. There were like 15 or so Spec E30's running with the GTS run group, all in all we had about 60 some cars on track at Mid-Ohio. I unfortunately went off track and hit a tire wall, I was able to continue on at a slower pace than my GTS 2 car would go but I do have most of the race between Chris Cobetto and Carter Hunt in their quest for a National Championship. These 2 guys were a blast to watch, they drifted through evry corner inches from each other, until they finally went off track together outside of turn 1. I do not know how to download from my camera to the internet. It is an old Panasonic Palmcorder PV-IQ305 with the mini vhs tapes. I can plug into my TV with a yellow and white RCA cord and play but would not know what to do on a Computer. Anybody know how to do this?
                            Kevin Gibson
                            90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by racingwoody View Post
                              Are you guys running with NASA? I am assuming you are as I don't know any other sanctioning body with that series. If it is with NASA, it is a shame you can not make Nationals, last year was a blast. There were like 15 or so Spec E30's running with the GTS run group, all in all we had about 60 some cars on track at Mid-Ohio...
                              Yes, he is running with NASA

Spec E30 has seen a huge surg of growth this year. The first race at VIR had 20 + cars. We had 15 at CMP last weekend and are expecting more than 24 car at VIR next weekend.

Scott///M | 1988 325is | 2004 Z71 Suburban | 2003 325i

Comment

Working...
                              X