Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers Needed!! CMP 10/3...Solo lapping day

EDIT: 8/3 (August!)

Looking for more drivers for a lapping day at Carolina Motorsports Park on August 3rd. There are no short sessions in this trackday, just open lapping for 6+ hours. CMP is located in Kershaw, SC--about an hour south of Charlotte, NC.

Cost: $200 [If you pay by midnight tonight (7/14), you pay $175]

Registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/calenda...B2BA9F5AE8E58B

^^If you don't have a Motorsportreg account, it takes just a few minutes to register.

Stacy Stack puts on a handful of these open-lapping days a year, and it's a great opportunity to get in a lot of tracktime for not a lot of $$, and gives you plenty of time to test n tune. It's a great group of guys and their events run very smoothly. Note that prior CMP experience is required since there will be no instructors at this event; it is just solo lapping.

Hope to see you there,
    Stu
    Last edited by Stu; 07-15-2007, 10:05 PM.

Oh man. Sounds like great fun. And at that price.. I might have to do it. Thanks for posting this up!

Comment

hey stu, I'll try to register but I don't have any track experience so i dunno if they'll let me run.

Comment

If I had the experience to get in and if my 14 month old son hadn't thrown my only set of keys to the e30 in the trash I'd be in.:(
        bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc View Post
          Looking for more drivers for a lapping day at Carolina Motorsports Park on August 3rd. There are no short sessions in this trackday, just open lapping for 6+ hours. CMP is located in Kershaw, SC--about an hour south of Charlotte, NC.

Cost: $200 [If you pay by midnight tonight (7/14), you pay $175]

Registration: http://www.motorsportreg.com/calenda...B2BA9F5AE8E58B

^^If you don't have a Motorsportreg account, it takes just a few minutes to register.

Stacy Stack puts on a handful of these open-lapping days a year, and it's a great opportunity to get in a lot of tracktime for not a lot of $$, and gives you plenty of time to test n tune. It's a great group of guys and their events run very smoothly. Note that prior CMP experience is required since there will be no instructors at this event; it is just solo lapping.

Hope to see you there,
          Stu

Pm sent
          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
            If I had the experience to get in and if my 14 month old son hadn't thrown my only set of keys to the e30 in the trash I'd be in.:(
            I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a new set on the way?

Comment

Yes, I lucked out, I have a Nashville BMW master mech. that lives about 15miles away, got my 740i 16" rims from him for $200 w/tires for my e34, and a his best friend is a parts manager at BMW Nashville, and he lives 3 miles away.
              bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

I plan on visiting CMP but not until September 1st. I'll be going with a group of guys from another website so we can get the 10+ 15% discount.
                Perot isn't a Hillary hater, but he's not a fan either, relating the bumper sticker he received that reads: "Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President."

Comment

Originally posted by kolunda View Post
                  I plan on visiting CMP but not until September 1st. I'll be going with a group of guys from another website so we can get the 10+ 15% discount.
                  Keep us posted on that if you need more people
                  _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
                  Past: lots of stuff
                  Present: e46 m3
                  2010 F150 Lariat
                  1990 E30 Touring
                  1/4 e34 LeMons car

2004 Malibu 23 LSV
                  2000 Odessey Millenia 210

Comment

For those of you who don't meet the experience requirements for the Friday event, the Triangle Z Club and Tarheel Sports Car Club are hosting their (our) Driver's Ed type event on Saturday and Sunday (I'm registrar for that too).

Still lots of room for beginners especially, but all experience levels are welcome.

Online event registration for 1,000+ motorsport clubs, racetracks & sanctioning bodies. Automate tasks, improve accuracy & grow participation for free.

Also... if for some reason any of you can't reach Stu, feel free to email or PM me about either event
                    Stacy (Stack) King - HPDE Co-Chairman - Triangle Z Club / Tarheel Sports Car Club
                    North Carolina

Comment

If you want to sign up for the CMP on September first, head to www.carolinaeuros.com and look under the South Carolina meets section, it should be the first topic stickied at the top under Carolina Motorsports Park.
                      Perot isn't a Hillary hater, but he's not a fan either, relating the bumper sticker he received that reads: "Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President."

Comment

Originally posted by kolunda View Post
                        If you want to sign up for the CMP on September first, head to www.carolinaeuros.com and look under the South Carolina meets section, it should be the first topic stickied at the top under Carolina Motorsports Park.
                        Thanks for the highjack :up:
                        Stacy (Stack) King - HPDE Co-Chairman - Triangle Z Club / Tarheel Sports Car Club
                        North Carolina

Comment

Didn't mean to highjack just wanted to post so Intense knew what was up.

Comment

Working...
                          X