More track time at PIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More track time at PIR

Mon July 30 Rose City Corvette Club. I may go to this.

Thurs Aug 2nd Gran Prix Imports

Fri the 3rd BMW ACA Jen and I will both be instructing.

Sun 5th Porsche - maybe

17th Cascade club

30th Team Continental

31st Lotus - another maybe

Keith

I want to go to the Friday the 3rd BMW day. Can you tell me what I need to do to sign up and is there any way to make sure I get you as an instructor Keith? Thanks.

Comment

Keith, would you please post a linkie-poo to something that tells me what I need to do to have my car and me ready to go, and what such things cost?

Do I have to grin like a retard when driving on the track?

Thanks,
      Luke
      (the light giver)

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

http://www.bmwacaportland.com/drive.html has the sign-up for the 3rd

Edit: nevermind, school is closed. no spots left :(

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          Keith,

Do I have to grin like a retard when driving?

Thanks,
          Luke
          (the light giver)

Comment

Nope...bad linkie-poo

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

huh, it works fine for me. Try www.bmwacaportland.com

Comment

Luke,

I cant help with registration info, but in my part of the world, single days run 150-200ish, weekends are 275-400, depending on the track and club. Likewise pre-event tech inspection varies. Around here, BMW CCA requires you have a BMW tech inspect the car - either the dealer or a known independent shop. NASA lets you do your own pre-tech. ALL groups do a trackside tech AFAIK.

If you haven't already read the following thread, do so. It is good.

Basically, make sure your car is mechanically solid, free of bad leaks, and on good tires. New or fairly new brake pads and fresh fluid flush are a must. No need for any FUH rAZE mods.

Get a helmet (prob need SA2000 or better) and grin like a retard!!!!!!
                Last edited by Dave; 07-18-2007, 10:39 AM.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

I dont think the ACA requires you go to a car control clinic, but the CCA does, and I think its a good idea. The ACA is having one Oct 13th. I am going to go to that, and then any track days I can at Pacific and PIR next year.

We should get a few people together to sign up for the CCA Car Control Clinic in October. They open registration 5 or 6 weeks prior to the event.

In order to actually get out on the track, you have to sign up, pay the fees of up to $200, and I think also have a track inspection done on your car prior to track day. I may be wrong on some of this, but this is all the information I have gotten in the last bit asking around and reading.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
                    Luke,.

Get a helmet (prob need SA2000 or better) and grin like a retard!!!!!!
                    THEREs the damn problem...getting a big enough helmet for my HUGE fucking noggin' has not happened yet!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post

We should get a few people together to sign up for the CCA Car Control Clinic in October. They open registration 5 or 6 weeks prior to the event.

In order to actually get out on the track, you have to sign up, pay the fees of up to $200, and I think also have a track inspection done on your car prior to track day. I may be wrong on some of this, but this is all the information I have gotten in the last bit asking around and reading.
                      I'd be down for that. Count me in!

Comment

I will probably create a thread and start harassing people in August. :) Be nice to show up with some Oregon e30's.
                        sigpic

Comment

THEREs the damn problem...getting a big enough helmet for my HUGE fucking noggin' has not happened yet!
                          Well, get on it, son!

I have a big melon myself. Back in the day, they had to order special helmets for me for HS football - 7-3/4, IIRC.

Try to find a speed shop near you where you can try them on.
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

Get in touch with the Eugene Emerald Sports Car Club and they should be able to help you.

Comment

The ACA, ORPCA (Porsche), Shelby, Corvette, Lotus and Alfa clubs that run at PIR do an on-site tech. Make sure your car is cleaned out and ready to go when you get in line for tech or you will turned away. The cost is $ 135 - 170 per day. MA or SA 2000 or newer helmets required.
                              A fresh set of brake pads, new fluid and a mechanically sound car is all that is required. You DO NOT have to go apeshit with your car before your first time one (or second or third or......) on the track. 99.9999999% of instructors prefer stock cars for first time students than ones that have been modified. Quick story - I had a first time student in a Z06. The car was trailered out to the track and he put on a set of Hoosier's. I made him remove the R compounds and install his street tires before we went out the first time. Reason? R comps don't give much feedback and he wasn't going to learn as much with them on. It is also a waste of $$$ for anyone running in novice.
                              I have had several students who are on the track to try and prove something - to be the fastest one one the track. Whatever. They are usually the slowest and most inconstant students.

1 - Have FUN. Leave with a straight car and a HUGE shit eating grin on you face (it may last for days or weeks)

2 - It is NOT a race or contest of speed. I don't car how fast you think you are, I would own you in a Yugo.

3 - As soon as you sign the waver, you have no insurance. If you can't afford to walk away from your car, don't come to the track.

Log on to PIR's home page for links.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X