Some footage of me on the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some footage of me on the track

Yes, I know wallowy suspension... some serious suspension was the next upgrade, but never got 2 it as the car was totaled (guess it makes way for better things, s50b30euro e30 Race car, not just a track car)

Some of the cars on the track with me

Scene 1

Golf 5 Gti
    Noble M400

Scene 2

Golf 5 Gti
    Ford Telstar
    Ford Fiesta
    BMW 325ti

Scene 3

Noble M400
    Porsche 911 Turbo (check the run I get on him coming out the corner :) )

Scene 4
    E46 330i

Scene 5

Ford Focus ST
    Audi A4 2.0t

Scene 9

Opel 2.0lt 16v Superboss - this thing used to nail our 325iS Evo's in Production cars

Audi A42.0t

Scene 14

Focus ST - this guy was quick and was having fun with him :)

Comment

Nothing to be embarrassed about from what I saw. :D

I'm a firm believer in running what you brung. You leave the track with that much higher understanding of just what its limits are and, by extension, are less likely to break those limits on the streets. Bad weather is like cranking up the volume on the radio. When you feel the car out of shape in poor conditions, you already know how to get it back under control. You've been out there, at the limits, and back again. When it counts, such as with oncoming traffic or something unexpected in the road, you're reacting with experience... not practicing for the first time. :)

As an aide, it was nice to see you hold off the MkV GTI for a bit. I have one of each now; a MkV GTI and an E30 325i coupe. I bought the coupe as insurance against wrecking the GTI on track while still paying for it. Though a "slower" car, your drive makes is clear to me it is not merely the car. I am now very excited about getting my E30 track ready.
      - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

Looking really good, but man track days over there are no holds barred!

Comment

can you pm me or just list/write in this thread about your engine?
          sigpic

Comment

Woah a south african track day with no 325iS?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Scotaku View Post
              Nothing to be embarrassed about from what I saw. :D

I'm a firm believer in running what you brung. You leave the track with that much higher understanding of just what its limits are and, by extension, are less likely to break those limits on the streets. Bad weather is like cranking up the volume on the radio. When you feel the car out of shape in poor conditions, you already know how to get it back under control. You've been out there, at the limits, and back again. When it counts, such as with oncoming traffic or something unexpected in the road, you're reacting with experience... not practicing for the first time. :)

As an aide, it was nice to see you hold off the MkV GTI for a bit. I have one of each now; a MkV GTI and an E30 325i coupe. I bought the coupe as insurance against wrecking the GTI on track while still paying for it. Though a "slower" car, your drive makes is clear to me it is not merely the car. I am now very excited about getting my E30 track ready.
              To be honest, I drove away from that Mk5 Gti , straight line and corners :) , the only 3 cars that gave me grief that day were the Noble, Porsche, Lotus Exige

I really do miss that car,

I have done a bit of a write up on my motor before... I'm not sure but you should be able to find it on the forum.

Haha, There are loads of 325iS's at our BMW Track Days... but only the turboed ones were ever anywhere near as quick as me, except for the one ex Group N race car, which is damn fast... otherwise, nothing much in the iS dept was as quick as me.

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
                Looking really good, but man track days over there are no holds barred!
                You must see when we have BMW car Club track days, oh my that is fun... pretty much anything goes.

Comment

I'd think that boosted m20 wouldn't be as quick as NA on track, since the boost would give you hard time on corners
                  sigpic

Comment

I searched but didn't come up with anything part. regarding your engine. If you have some time, could you pm or post me a general layout/cost of your stroker? Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PУCCKAЯ_e30ka View Post
                      I'd think that boosted m20 wouldn't be as quick as NA on track, since the boost would give you hard time on corners
                      No, there is one that is about 4-5 sec quicker than me on Kyalami race track, but he keeps crashing the poor thing

oh BTW, thats me in the red shirt, looking all goofy

Comment

^^ :)

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

interesting..mind putting up a mod list? im trying to decide which car to keep...leaning towards 325i Sport currently....i love track
                          JUNGL3

1990 "333i" Sport

Comment

Mods list for which car ? I'm not that clued up on the Turbo car, I know it was a 2.7lt turbo, with 330mm disc's on Wilwood 6 Piston Callipers, and a Bolt in cage... but other than that I dont know.

In my car it was a 2.9lt M20 ( I know I've posted the mods on here, but was very extensive, only thing stock in the motor were the rods)

Suspension wise it had H&R Sport springs upfront, with Compressed e30 M3 springs in the rear... nothing special.

It had 2 Buckets in the car with Harnesses and I pulled out the sound deadening, and added oil pressure and temp gauges.

Comment

Working...
                            X