Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redline Time Attack and HPDE at Laguna Seca, This Weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redline Time Attack and HPDE at Laguna Seca, This Weekend!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to create a post in this forum to remind all of you about the Redline Time Attack Championships at Laguna Seca this weekend (Nov. 9th-11th). This is your chance to see the top teams and drivers on the premiere road course in North America.

For more information on the Time Attack portion of the event, please use this link:

For those of you interested in taking your own vehicle out on the famed raceway, we still have plenty of spots available in both our Friday and Saturday HPDE run groups. The cost for Friday is only $300 and for Saturday the fee is $340. If you register for both Friday and Saturday, the 2-Day fee is only $600. These are GREAT prices for Laguna Seca on a weekend. Weekend "Open Track Day's" are EXTREMELY hard to find at Laguna Seca unless you are a member of a private club.

If you are interested in participating in the High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) portion of this event, you may use the link below to register.

You may also call us at 661-992-4384 and we can take your registration/payment over the phone. Please spread the word to anyone who you think may be interested in participating. A chance like this may not come again until Spring of 2008.

See you at Laguna!

Dude, you live in Lancaster? I do, too. If you see an Alpine white '88 325is w/ Kosei K1s cruising the west side, that's probably me. ;)

Comment

Need any event coverage (photos for website, fliers, etc..)?

Comment

I'm confused

So help me out, what is Time Attack? Looks like a qualifying session for a road race without having a real race?

Or... It's faster than Autocross, but still less than wheel to wheel road racing?

On a technical track like Laguna, I expect a lot of cars ending up beached in the gravel.
        Last edited by Lance Racing; 11-06-2007, 11:29 AM.
        Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
        www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Time Attack = Time Trials

Similar to qualifying, cars are competing against a clock to see who gets the fastest lap time. The cars are gridded with the intent that each driver will have at least one lap of open track. Unlike wheel-to-wheel racing, there's no benefit in blocking another car to prevent him from passing. Also, as contact among cars is very rare, it's a nice way to race against other drivers without having to deal with idiots crashing into you. This is not wheel-to-wheel racing.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, good luck!
            Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
            www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

Originally posted by TrackAddict View Post
              This is not wheel-to-wheel racing.
              But how different from Solo Sprint / Time Trial? Any license/training required?
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
                So help me out, what is Time Attack?
                "Time Attack!!!" is basically the ricer/JDM way of saying "time trial" or "Solo 1."

Just like driving on your favorite back road with a couple of your buddies is now called "Touge Battle!!!" Brought to you by the same folks who think that nobody ever slid a car through a corner before Keiichi Tsuchiya hit the scene.

Emre
                sigpic
                1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                  "Time Attack!!!" is basically the ricer/JDM way of saying "time trial" or "Solo 1."

Just like driving on your favorite back road with a couple of your buddies is now called "Touge Battle!!!" Brought to you by the same folks who think that nobody ever slid a car through a corner before Keiichi Tsuchiya hit the scene.

Emre

Correct on every count but you forgot that "time attack" also sounds cooler than time trial or Solo 1 . :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I was just watching the Redline show on Speed TV

Comment

Are you guys ever planning to come up closer or even to Portland...maybe even Thunderhill?
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                      X