Northstar BMW Heads to Brainerd International Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northstar BMW Heads to Brainerd International Raceway

Earlier this month I headed to Brainerd Minnesota for the Fall BIR Event with the Northstar club and Audi club out of the twin cities. Friday was a combined free lapping day, those that did this had 5-6 hours of track time...I'm doing this next year. The rest of us at the track on Friday were part of the instructor development program. Weather Friday was great, the track was sticky and other than a Audi or two going for a swim it was a good day.

Saturday was a HPDE setup. I was in B class because the cars in A class all had 2x or more the power I did. I didn't feel like getting stuck on the grill of a GT3 or formula mustang. I managed to have some of the most consistent lap times in my run group. I also had the least horsepower and the least weight :)

This was my 5th time at Brainerd, first time for the E30. Modifications to my car are simple, Falken Azenis RT615 (205/50/15), Kosei K1 wheels, HP+ pads in the front, and a stripped interior (~350 pounds removed). I was able to hang with and pass everything except for the GT3's and a couple of the BMW's. The car survived and I had a great time, even got signed off to be a Novice instructor the the BMW and Audi clubs.

Here are the Flickr Links
    Friday - http://flickr.com/photos/northstarbm...7602653595396/
    Saturday - http://flickr.com/photos/northstarbm...7602706555448/

Yay my little E30 on the track, enjoy the body roll.

Thanks to extensive weight loss I was able to pull away from this guy on the front straight as long as he had a passenger. Very clean car

Dad in the E36 M3 with his heavy track wheels, thanks to him I'm in this crazy hobby

This was one of the Audi head guys' cars. 400+hp, stripped and shoots flames

This is the Orr autosport M3 driven by Chris Orr, fastest and smoothest driver I know.
    Every Gram Counts

Wow, looks like fun. Can't wait for my first track expirience.
    97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
    2001 330ci 5 speed
    83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Working...
    X