Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...a well known, modified "e 30" track car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...a well known, modified "e 30" track car.

highly developed over the years...........a well known BMWCCA club racer/car.........being chased/ filmed by another well known/very well sorted e 36 racer......

Last edited by JRKOUPE; 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

That's a crazy wing on that E30. I wonder how much downforce it generates. Both of those guys seem to be excellent drivers.

That's a fun video to watch...thanks for posting it. I love how the E36 gets him on the straight each time and then he out brakes him into the corner.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

That's Mike Akard. It's a 318is (I believe) that got completely built. It has a Euro S50B28, destroked to run in DM.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Its funny how much later Akard can brake then the e36, and how he doesn't even have to bother with apexing and still can't be caught.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
          Its funny how much later Akard can brake then the e36, and how he doesn't even have to bother with apexing and still can't be caught.
          Quite the opposite. You did see him get passed at 11:50 right? Watts has no need to brake late when he knows he can catch up whatever gap Akard has made on the straight. In the thread over on bfc, Watts admits he was saving tires and brakes while merely following Akard. Akard isnt apexing cause he cant get the car there. He's drifting all over the place, I believe it was his first time out on a new suspension setup as well as old slicks.

As for the wing comment. This isnt F&F. Wings make a huge difference in Mod cars that carry such high speeds in the corners, especially at Roebling, which is nothing but high speed corners.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
          You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Akard's car is much lighter as well allowing it to brake a bit later.

It's still hella fast for a DMod car. It shouldn't be running with the CMod front runners, but it is, and that alone is impressive.
            sigpic
            DE's are a tease.
            Build a racecar.

Comment

He does pretty well in that antiquated e30 with its obsolete suspension.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
                Quite the opposite. You did see him get passed at 11:50 right?
                Sorry no, I got bored at about 3min in and shut it off. :D

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Thanks for posting!
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
                    Quite the opposite. You did see him get passed at 11:50 right? Watts has no need to brake late when he knows he can catch up whatever gap Akard has made on the straight. In the thread over on bfc, Watts admits he was saving tires and brakes while merely following Akard. Akard isnt apexing cause he cant get the car there. He's drifting all over the place, I believe it was his first time out on a new suspension setup as well as old slicks.

As for the wing comment. This isnt F&F. Wings make a huge difference in Mod cars that carry such high speeds in the corners, especially at Roebling, which is nothing but high speed corners.
                    I realize that. It was a serious question; the downforce must be crazy with that thing.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Hey, that Red E30 used to be mine!!!

Well, the shell at least, before Akard put untold hours + $$$'s into it.....

;)

Comment

e30s

Originally posted by Rigmaster View Post
                        Hey, that Red E30 used to be mine!!!

Well, the shell at least, before Akard put untold hours + $$$'s into it.....

;)

BL......its a small e 30 world. Altho calling that an e 30 is like calling Nigella simply a female chef. Those of you that know her will get it.......hawt. She can pat my meatballs any day.

Comment

I loled at the Nigella Lawson comment... quite the comparison... haha.

I would love the low down on that car, but can't seem to find any pictures or info on it.. .well other than it has a destroked S50b30euro

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post

I would love the low down on that car, but can't seem to find any pictures or info on it.. .well other than it has a destroked S50b30euro

hahaha...most on the board prolly dont even know Nigella...I guess either an age thing or worldliness. Any hew..try bimmerforums.com

...over the years the owner has posted alot..........he's a very competitive national club racer........and he knows his stuff. You can actually see an early version of car on "treehouse" webpage as well.
                            Last edited by JRKOUPE; 01-11-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post

What do you want to know? His car is very similar to my car. The only thing B30 about his motor is the crank, the rest is B32.

Comment

Working...
                              X