No announcement yet.

Who's drifting their stock M20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey genious: The title said "who's drifting their stock M20?" not "who's drifting their stock e30".

His first post doesnt make any mention of suspension he might have already. But in my first reply to this thread, I replied positively to his question regarding a stock motor's abilities with the proper suspension.

Stop using fancy English to make yourself sound right.

Originally posted by Mulholland View Post
    I could care less if you can drift...
    By the way, how much less could you care? Because I could not care less if you kept this bitter argument over your narrow-minded observations and (now evidently) poor reading ability.

- Erick
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
      How is it possible that you can be so completely and utterly annoying? Please, stop it. That is all I ask.
      lol. sorry, bro, but you're like my best friend here 'cuz you're the only one that gets annoyed about it, jk

just take it like it's music to our ears... one love

I could care less if you can drift... that doesn't make you intelligent... Make no mistake, my rebuttal was not a personal attack on your abilities as a driver. The first thing out of my mouth...
      would be his nuts, lol, i'm j/p

dude, chillax... get some waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles or something, yo!

some people call me waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, but that's because I AM what I EAT, :)

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
      Hey genious: The title said "who's drifting their stock M20?" not "who's drifting their stock e30".

His first post doesnt make any mention of suspension he might have already. But in my first reply to this thread, I replied positively to his question regarding a stock motor's abilities with the proper suspension.

Stop using fancy English to make yourself sound right.

By the way, how much less could you care? Because I could not care less if you kept this bitter argument over your narrow-minded observations and (now evidently) poor reading ability.

- Erick

CHUUCH
      Last edited by Jeremiel5; 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

i eat waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles too, but i am not a pussay.
        Originally posted by e30e
        lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
          i eat waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles too, but i am not a pussay.

Comment

Lets here some more m20 success stories or tips from the pros,lol. Also a quick questions. I bought 4 tires fro my gaymaxx rims because it was a good deal but they turned out to be too small to look good on my car so i was thinking about getting my moneys worth out of the tires by drifting them till they are gone at a local drift practice.

THE QUESTION: the tires are 205/40/16 falkens treadware 200. Are these too sticky for a beginner drifter with basically a chipped ETA (have i cam and valvsprings and throttlebody but only a chipped eta ecu)
            97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
            2001 330ci 5 speed
            83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by TopOfTheLine89 View Post
              Lets here some more m20 success stories or tips from the pros,lol. Also a quick questions. I bought 4 tires fro my gaymaxx rims because it was a good deal but they turned out to be too small to look good on my car so i was thinking about getting my moneys worth out of the tires by drifting them till they are gone at a local drift practice.

THE QUESTION: the tires are 205/40/16 falkens treadware 200. Are these too sticky for a beginner drifter with basically a chipped ETA (have i cam and valvsprings and throttlebody but only a chipped eta ecu)
              questions:

1. are they brand new? if not, how many x/32nds left on tire?
              2. what kind of falkens? azenis 615s? it sounds like that's what you have because you said 200 treadware
              3. what kind of lsd did you have again? 3.73?

if you have azenis 615s, a 3.73 rear end, and a 7000rpm limit, then they are perfect for autox and drifting, imo... i love drifting with 615s 'cuz the fronts stick while you just let the rear slide out. many drifters and auto-xers here in socal uses azenis 615s, but starts out with ziex-512s

Comment

what model tire? they are falken what?
                R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                  what model tire? they are falken what?

damn homie! you broke another oil pan? dude, go to home depot, buy a sheet metal and do a custom skid pad... it's cheap to do, but takes lots of time... that's one of my plans because i can't afford to break oil pans like you when drifting, lol... what happened this time?

Comment

They are brand new, pretty sure they are azenis, rev limit at 5500 so i can happily bounce off it. stock 2.93 rear open( i will weld it if im not happy with it opne but i seem 2 be able to spin both wheels pretty easy. the diff may be a little tall(?) but i think it would be alright so i could just stay in the power band in second cause i am a newb and im not gonna be doing 60mph entry drifts.
                    97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
                    2001 330ci 5 speed
                    83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

I could care less if you can drift... that doesn't make you intelligent, and the lack of intelligence in your post towards me was the issue. I'm sure from everything I've seen around here with you in it you are a fantastic driver, and drift quite well in your E30, and probably other cars you use at the track as well. Make no mistake, my rebuttal was not a personal attack on your abilities as a driver.

Again, my basic point was the fact that this is obviously someone new to drifting or at least drifting an E30 stock. The first thing out of your mouth should have probably been to agree with me about doing suspension work before something like nitrous, even if you have a difference in opinion as to wether people should spray their stock M20 drift cars. As experience as you sound I'm sure you would agree with this yes? It is apparent you did at first only read the first paragraph otherwise you probably would have held your tongue on that comment about nitrous and my being close minded once you saw I was only saying that because the money should be put into suspension work if anything first.
                      As far as the use of nitrous goes, I have absolutely no problem with the stuff. It is a great and inexpensive initial-cost power adder. However anytime it is in the hands of anyone, like the OP, who sounds like there is a chance they might not be very experience at what they are about to try, I highly discourage spraying. Unless in a drag situation, where it is much harder to hurt yourself spraying.

Regardless of everything, you can't be a real expert at anything even if you're amazing until you realize everyone is not. So in short, to everyone out there, just always remember the people you're teaching about something might be well below the usual learning curve you speak to at the track.
                      So, do you drift your Girlfriend's 3000GT or what?
                      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I drifted some rt615's on the AE86 with the stock 4.3 gears, stock engine, and an open diff for a while. They are great tires but with the lower power cars I tend to like cheaper less grippy tires for drifting, it just makes it a little easier.

I ended up switching off of the rt615's due to cost and after switching to a welded I snapped an axle on less grippy tires.

We corolla guys snap axles like you guys break oil pans :-|
                        My name is Kendall feel free to use it.
                        Xbox gamertag = ITB4ag
                        go figure, add me for Forza 2 drift/grip

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                          Alex,

Which Tirerack is that? I've been to the facility in Indiana and don't remember seeing an auto-x setup. Must be a blast for the employees. I wonder if they need any accounting interns. : X

Yes, it was in South Bend, IN

Comment

This thread has failure written all over it. If you're going to drift your E30 just learn and do it. Dont ask a site like this about drifting because there are very few that approve of it to begin with. Everyone else including myself, can't stand this "drifting era" we have come into since the make of a certain movie that completely tatters the respect that anyone with a rwd car has for their car. Now its not, "hey dude, what does that thing run in the 1/4?" its, "hey dude!! Drift it!!!!" I can't stand this new fad.

Every Tokyo drift fan boy just needs to get the fuck lost.

If you want to learn, perfect it. Don't be an idiot and drift in full parking lots or in neighborhoods. Save all this for the track and nowhere else.

I'm done ranting

E30Fiend
                            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by abigballafb76 View Post
                              This thread has failure written all over it. If you're going to drift your E30 just learn and do it. Dont ask a site like this about drifting because there are very few that approve of it to begin with. Everyone else including myself, can't stand this "drifting era" we have come into since the make of a certain movie that completely tatters the respect that anyone with a rwd car has for their car. Now its not, "hey dude, what does that thing run in the 1/4?" its, "hey dude!! Drift it!!!!" I can't stand this new fad.

Every Tokyo drift fan boy just needs to get the fuck lost.

If you want to learn, perfect it. Don't be an idiot and drift in full parking lots or in neighborhoods. Save all this for the track and nowhere else.

I'm done ranting

E30Fiend
                              I like you now. :D
                              '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                              '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                                I like you now. :D
                                Haha, thanks.

I hate ranting but this thread was asking for it.

E30Fiend
                                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                                Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X