SCCA Nissan T2 Crash at Mid Ohio
Collapse
X
-
A good number of cages used in SCCA/NASA are "homemade" or made by the owner/local shop. Cage did its job, thats for sure... thats what its there for though. -
Geez, didn't expect it to keep on going. Now I think whom ever made his cage (if its not his own crew) needs to advertise because it held up extremely well.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
True, good observation.The nasty looking crashes are sometimes easier to walk away from then the ones where people just slam a wall once and stop. Think about the worst ones, Earnhardt, Cale @ Summit Point 2 weeks ago, etc... it was a single wall impact with nothing to absorb. The guys who flip for 1/8 mile are losing momentum gradually every time the car hits or flys through the air. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he'll be sore from bouncing around, but I doubt any of those hits were very high g impacts like you'd experience hitting a wall at 70+mph.
From the driver:
"Car never really had a hard impact. Just kept on doing cartwheels over a long distance dissipating the energy."
Also, accidents like this and Cale's are always a good reminder for us to think about proper safety equipment if we haven't already done so. A head/neck restraint is a small investment to potentially save a life.Leave a comment:
-
The worst wreck I've witnessed corner working was a Viper hitting the wall from the 3-4 straight to the 9-10 straight. He hit at about a 60* angle, and he was in critical condition for a week. One of his safety belts was mis-adjusted. I've seen rollovers in street cars, and it usually scares the crap out of the driver and instructor, but everyone walks away.Leave a comment:
-
The nasty looking crashes are sometimes easier to walk away from then the ones where people just slam a wall once and stop. Think about the worst ones, Earnhardt, Cale @ Summit Point 2 weeks ago, etc... it was a single wall impact with nothing to absorb. The guys who flip for 1/8 mile are losing momentum gradually every time the car hits or flys through the air. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he'll be sore from bouncing around, but I doubt any of those hits were very high g impacts like you'd experience hitting a wall at 70+mph.
From the driver:
"Car never really had a hard impact. Just kept on doing cartwheels over a long distance dissipating the energy."Leave a comment:
-
And he walked away...........Testament to well engineered safety equipment.Leave a comment:
-
wow. that reminds me of a Rusty Wallace NASCAR crash in the 90's.
Talladega 1991Leave a comment:
-
SCCA Nissan T2 Crash at Mid Ohio
So lucky to walk away from it!
if this is a repost I apologize.Tags: None

Leave a comment: