Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMs/emails from Scammers?

Hi,

My apologies in advance if this was already covered. I created a WTB thread for a part just a few days ago. Since then, I have received a few PMs/R3V emails about this part. Two in particular stood out to me because they were "R3V" members who had just joined that same day to let me know they had the part for sale. As i engaged in conversation with one of them, I start feeling more skeptical about this "member" because when we spoke about payment he said he did not have paypal active and instead he wanted to use Money Gram. I was hesitant at first and then I decided that i did not want to take the risk. I offered an alternate option which was having him send me the part first, and then I pay. I let him know that at least he can find comfort in seeing that I am a frequent, established, member of this community and he would have less to worry about than I would since I didnt know him at all. As expected, I never heard back from him. I still have his email so if anybody is being approached, i would just say be careful. I use paypal for reasons other than a means of payment, it also offers security and recourse in case you get scammed.

I found his username here: kev731
    Kevin Kravchenko (kevkravchnko583@gmail.com)

So simple to do yet I forgot to do that. Most could detect shadyness from speaking to the guy but few could potentially fall victim.

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
      So simple to do yet I forgot to do that. Most could detect shadyness from speaking to the guy but few could potentially fall victim.
      Dont feel bad dude ... i just made a stupid mistake 3 weeks ago on an e30 shell that could have been avoided doing the same thing I just suggested. I THINK its going to work out but I dont have the car yet
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I've been emailed a few times by scammers, usually the first signs are poor grammar, ambiguous responses, and then finally no response when I question their authenticity.

Fuck asses..
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Working...
        X