Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No selling items until you have 25 posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No selling items until you have 25 posts?

I don't know if the software can put a permissive on post count to unlock letting someone sell stuff, but it seems like it would be nice to have a way to discourage registering for the site just so you can peddle your crap.

I know there are some circumstances where a good guy may not get to sell something, but when you get guys like this:

He's got a few stories going, he's not even in the country right now, etc.

I realize it's up to each person to do your homework on someone before sending them money, personal accountability & all - but it would be nice to figure out maybe a filter just so you don't get people registering so they can sell their stuff, or run scams.

Maybe it's not that big of an issue - I don't know, just thinking & typing.

What do you think?

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Maybe a 30 day requirement?

Comment

AGREED !!! X 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I dont even bother looking at someones for sale thread if they are new to the site !! It makes me think its a scam more than anything. To me its just hard to put trust into buying something from somebody that just registered to the site to list things. But this mentality goes beyond here too, I do this with other forums and even EBAY. Nothing shows credability more than length of time as a member and/or post counts/feedbacks.

Comment

I read through both those threads and he seemed legit as a seller (right from post one he said local pickup only). He was quite an asshole though.

How about you make it 1 month of membership instead of a post minimum. many members just view a lot and rarely post, it would be nice to give them a break and be able to keep somebody from registering and doing to 25 posts in one day just so they can peddle their crap.

Comment

Originally posted by LivingLegend06 View Post
          I read through both those threads and he seemed legit as a seller (right from post one he said local pickup only). He was quite an asshole though.

How about you make it 1 month of membership instead of a post minimum. many members just view a lot and rarely post, it would be nice to give them a break and be able to keep somebody from registering and doing to 25 posts in one day just so they can peddle their crap.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          Maybe a 30 day requirement?
          we're in agreement.

Comment

i say 100posts.

Comment

This has been discussed before. There are people that don't post much that might want to sell stuff. There are also good items that come up from early members at times. We are pretty quick to ban if something seems up. Check the status of 2pur2ride and e30droptop. I don't mind you guys continuing the discussion, but the benefits would be 25-100 posts whored in OT.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                This has been discussed before. There are people that don't post much that might want to sell stuff. There are also good items that come up from early members at times. We are pretty quick to ban if something seems up. Check the status of 2pur2ride and e30droptop. I don't mind you guys continuing the discussion, but the benefits would be 25-100 posts whored in OT.
                oh wow..didnt know OT counted.

imo OT shouldnt count, and make it 100 in general/technical areas

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post

Yeah, you make a lot of valid points - and since the immediate problem is resolved & there really isn't a real good answer/process, if the mods want to just police it on a case-by-case then cool.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

The forum still has such a small amount of members (compared to BF.C) that most others can help spy and oust scammers and fakes, especially if the members in question are newbies. Take those two users for example, our members who visit alot don't let that stuff slide.

Good suggestion though.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Savage View Post
                      i say 100posts.
                      that is what it is for most other forums I am on
                      Originally posted by NavyE30
                      I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

I think it depends. Obviously newbies have the potential to step on toes...and often do. I joined this board and posted my 1990 325is for sale as my second post... but I have also been a contributing member since. If it's a person that makes a singular post and never comes back, that might be a little more appropriate. it's a tough thing to do without taking things on a case by case basis
                        Rob - Hartford, CT
                        Current: 1989 325iS coupe - "Brutus"
                        Lachssilber, black leather sports interior, 5 speed, imported to US in 1991.
                        Mods: H&R, Bilstein, Brembo, Treehouse, vintage black basketweaves

RIP: 1984 325e coupe - "Helga"

Comment

I say 30 days, 30 posts and 30 hours on the site. Just right for the dedicated e30 owner. :D

I don't quite agree with the 100 post one because I know I am not near 100 but I would sure as hell be legit if I wanted to sell something now. Like those stupid air vent passage things that go under the dash that I bought.:dot:

Comment

Working...
                          X