Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me?

Or has R3V been going down multiple times lately? I can see that there are posts made during the time I was unable to get on here, but I'm not sure if it's a regional thing. It's gone down at least three or four times in the last few days, although my new Linksys router could be to blame.

What say you James or Josh?
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

no problems here...

quit stealing wifi from your neighbor!!!

;)

Comment

Atomic, nope, have my own WiFi.

Thanks for the wisdom though.
      - Trey

E36 325i sedan
      E30 325i sedan
      Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
        Or has R3V been going down multiple times lately? I can see that there are posts made during the time I was unable to get on here, but I'm not sure if it's a regional thing. It's gone down at least three or four times in the last few days, although my new Linksys router could be to blame.

What say you James or Josh?

iDi0t
        -Gene

90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by GeneParmesan View Post
          iDi0t
          No, idiot is having a mysterious e-persona to make up for your other screenname.
          - Trey

E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

Atomic, nope, have my own WiFi.

Thanks for the wisdom though.

Seriously though I have not had any issues at all with this site lately or at all for that matter, I bet it is your Linksys router. I had a Linksys G router a few years back that gave me the same issues with wifi. I am still using the router but everything is hardwired now with no issues...

:drink:

Comment

Yeah alter egos are overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
                Seriously though I have not had any issues at all with this site lately or at all for that matter, I bet it is your Linksys router. I had a Linksys G router a few years back that gave me the same issues with wifi. I am still using the router but everything is hardwired now with no issues...

:drink:
                I replaced the WRT54GXv2 with a WRT54GS, and it's still shit speed but at least it doesn't kick me offline like the old GXv2 used to do.

Oh well, I was just trying to see if anyone else was having similar issues, seems odd for it to be my router since it only affects this website.

lol at Farbin.
                - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                E30 325i sedan
                Volvo 945T

Comment

I replaced the WRT54GXv2 with a WRT54GS, and it's still shit speed but at least it doesn't kick me offline like the old GXv2 used to do.

Oh well, I was just trying to see if anyone else was having similar issues, seems odd for it to be my router since it only affects this website.

lol at Farbin.

You know, I had a shit barrel full of wifi router problems. I went thru 6-8 different routers, from the WRT54G to the Belkin N1 Vision, to a bunch in-between. Wanna know what I have stuck with since the 30 second install without a hitch?

Apple AirPort Extreme. No tech calls to strange linguists in Malayasia. No Power cycle bullshit. Everything I ever wanted in a wifi router.

(Maybe it's the mod's battle for power at banning you)

Comment

i know from 230AM PST to about 250AM PST r3v is really weird, and it is easy to accidentally double post, and when you do make a post, it doesnt bump the thread you are posting in.
                    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                      i know from 230AM PST to about 250AM PST r3v is really weird, and it is easy to accidentally double post, and when you do make a post, it doesnt bump the thread you are posting in.
                      James says that this is because the nightly backup is done then. I've also encountered this... it's annoying.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Only time I experience issues is between 5-6AM Eastern Standard Time. Don't ask why I'm awake, but I think that's when servers do whatever it is they need to do to operate properly. Other than that 1 hour a day when I'm supposed to be asleep, it's been along while since I've seen r3v down.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          James says that this is because the nightly backup is done then. I've also encountered this... it's annoying.
                          yeah i remember reading that. it is very annoying because i often post during that time.

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                          Only time I experience issues is between 5-6AM Eastern Standard Time. Don't ask why I'm awake, but I think that's when servers do whatever it is they need to do to operate properly. Other than that 1 hour a day when I'm supposed to be asleep, it's been along while since I've seen r3v down.
                          yeah, these odd morning hours are the only times when i have seen r3v down.
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            Well, its the best time to do the maintenance on the server, otherwise I don't have proper backups of the site. I'd rather have the site down for an hour with good backups over loosing everything if the server explodes.

Comment

Only time I ever have problems is trying to get on with iPhone.

Last week was nearly impossible.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X