Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you swapped the diff did you check or change the mounts? because loose or broken mounts would also explain that sound...as would worn/broken engine mounts.
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
      when you swapped the diff did you check or change the mounts? because loose or broken mounts would also explain that sound...as would worn/broken engine mounts.
      Nothing was broken or loose.

Comment

Diff is swapped to a 3.46lsd
        Even with the old 4.10lsd, the last car did it too.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Well would ya look at that..
          This is my guess

Sounds JUST like that too.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            This is my guess

is that your skinny arms? lol

yeah those half shafts are fucked

Comment

Originally posted by Ism20craze30 View Post
              Http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...821767297.html

If someone had the patientence and bankroll I think this would be great project and rare one at that
              wow, that is amazing. wish i had money and time to restore that. would be amazing to see it in it's prime again.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

I doubt his last name is Wong.

Originally posted by yert315
                Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
                  I doubt his last name is Wong.
                  Wang maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                    This is my guess

Looks to me like there's an gremlin's arm moving the halfshafts while you're driving. Defeat gremlin and you'll be golden.

Comment

anyone know if 3k hids and yellow vinyl overlay would be too much for fogs?

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                      my feedback thread

Comment

it'll be almost green. i tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                          Wang maybe?
                          Wang chung baby!
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
                            Looks to me like there's an gremlin's arm moving the halfshafts while you're driving. Defeat gremlin and you'll be golden.
                            All German cars have gremlins,you cant find them or get rid of them. Its the nature of the beast.;)
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

so i have seen that e30 verts have the front strut towers braced into the sides of the bay, i was thinking that this may be a good alternative to getting a full brace that goes across the engine on non-verts? may look cleaner? and is that the purpose of those braces on the verts? seems like a simple mod
                              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                              Got Drop?? ;-)
                              Originally posted by JinormusJ
                              But of course
                              E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

I vote half shafts. I replaced mine and the clunk went away. i orig thought it was the driveshaft and then the dif, last item was the half shafts and it was resolved.

there is a guy that sells them on here rebuilt who i bought them from for $350 shipped. Came with everything you need to replace them.

Now who is a true baller? http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=236373

Comment

Working...
                                X