garage your cars folks!
    1. Falcoooon... PAWNCH!!!
    2. PWNED
    3. ?????
    4. Profit..?

Seems legit

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
      you mean the one that connects the brake to the assembly? If so... tried that and it made things worse. Stupid fucking wires getting in the way, etc...

/Annoyed At Car
      this took me 3 hours and was, IMO, The most frustrating part of my swap, even with that stupid stripped torque bolt on the top of the tranny.

Remove ths automatic's super bolt and stick it in on the left side after you put in the manual brake pedal. Then slide the manual super bolt in on the right side with the clutch pedal attached. Move all the wires out of the way (Its freakin annoying... Axemehowinoe). Put the manual super bolt in as flush as you can to the automatic one without it slipping out. If you bang the manual super bolt in fast enough, the auto one should just pop right out and you can screw on your nut and finish your retrofit of manual pedals to an automatic bracket. Sounds much easier than it looks however...

If your reusing your auto pedal box bracket, the manual brake pedal won't reach the brake light sensor button and your brakes will be forever on. Just take out the sensor switch and bend the bracket that holds the sensor close to the brake pedal. Replace sensor and you should be just fine.

Comment

How are you guys having this much difficulty with the pedals?
        Takes me 15min if I'm dicking around.

Comment

Wires getting in the way. Inability to take off late model pedals because of sheer bolts.
          Just two reasons...

Comment

I would have broke that bitches window and pulled her out the car by her neck. That guy was pretty damn composed.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

nigel, my rear billies came in. coils now please.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                Wires getting in the way. Inability to take off late model pedals because of sheer bolts.
                Just two reasons...
                i don't understand. if you have a full pedal set, swap the whole pedal set.
                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

For airbag cars, you can't reach two of the bolts on the top of the pedal bracket that holds the pedal box in. It is required to drop your steering column to reach those bolts and you need to to unbolt 2 sheer bolts (headless bolts) in order to reach the area where the bolts on the bracket are held. It's either try and give up, or do it the long way and just replace your pedals.

Airbag cars suck...

Comment

lol if you say so.
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Last time I pulled a dash from the yard it was from an airbag car. I dropped the steering colum since the steering wheel was still attached. I don't remember it being too difficult. But that was 2 tears ago.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

four score and twenty tears ago

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Eh.. I didn't even bother with the sheer bolts.. Seemed like just a hassle, so I just replaced my pedals instead..

I think this only applies to late-model airbag cars..

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                            nigel, my rear billies came in. coils now please.
                            Come over? I emptied out the spare bedroom and living/dining area so I have no suspension parts at home anymore. Only thing car related is a vader.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

fortunately, his is not an airbag car.

nigel, i'm stopping by for a quick minute.
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                                Come over? I emptied out the spare bedroom and living/dining area so I have no suspension parts at home anymore. Only thing car related is a vader.
                                I'm proud of you Son, you actually have living space again.
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                                X