Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've seen your car before and the Van Nuys meet, has been going on for 5 years.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

[QUOTE=IRON-E;3466367]We've seen your car before and the Van Nuys meet, has been going on for 5

Dude there are probably hundreds of red e30s in so cal:)
      -Art

Comment

Originally posted by Deathtoll View Post
        Sigh.. I really want some late model or different bumpers than the ones I have....
        Then buy them and paint them already.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Sigh.. I really want some late model or different bumpers than the ones I have....
          I can't stand that BMP kit anymore either. Front bumper is starting to look a lot like a cassette player. Time to get original again.
          » PARTS FOR SALE
          » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            Then buy them and paint them already.
            I'm "specials needs"

I need someone with a perfect set of Euro bumpers or a perfect set of DB including the front valiance to drive over to my house and install them for me.

1. I have limited to zero availability to go bring my car anywhere.
            2. I tend to get back muscle strain so I can't do any type of lifting
            3. I'd rather pay someone to install it and get it right.

Now, I do realize that many of you think i'm crazy to want to install different bumpers but I actually like the "classic" look of e30's versus some of them with alot of mods.

I picked my particular one for purchase because of the more than fair price plus the performance crendentials that came with it.

The bumpers are the last major exterior mod until I get the car repainted.
            -Art

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              I can't stand that BMP kit anymore either. Front bumper is starting to look a lot like a cassette player. Time to get original again.
              IknowRyte?
              -Art

Comment

Dude there are probably hundreds of red e30s in so cal:)
                Not with a BMPeepee kit and dude, you're a baller.

Just take it to a BMW shop already, pay for whatever bumpers from the dealer and call it a day.

Comment

I don't think you're crazy for change.
                  I think your needs are crazy though.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                    I don't think you're crazy for change.
                    I think your needs are crazy though.
                    You haven't met me yet:)

My needs ARE crazy.. I do things my own way and it works!
                    -Art

Comment

You haven't met me yet:)

My needs ARE crazy.. I do things my own way and it works!

LOL. :o
                      » PARTS FOR SALE
                      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Take it to the dealer big pimp, drop off keys and an open checkbook. Come back in a month and pick up an e46.......

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          Take it to the dealer big pimp, drop off keys and an open checkbook. Come back in a month and pick up an e46.......
                          Lol if I wanted an E46 I would have had one by now.

The only other cars that I would want would either be the new M3/AMG C63 or a nice used six speed 135i.

Right now the wife wants an X1 but I dunno

Seeing as I just dropped about 12 grand on my kitchen renovation (plus new appliances) I won't be buying any cars for some time. This however hasn't stopped my mod bug.

I don't think i'm pimp at all. Most people just have more bills than they can handle, I am not in that camp.

There are also ALOT of much nicer cars in this forum!

MR325. now he's pimp.. im just an E30 N00b!
                          -Art

Comment

Anyone have a straight and true front subframe? All e30 Front Subframes are interchangeable right? 318i/is/ic 325e/es/i/is/ic/ix and m3?

I feel my passenger motor mount tab is bent down on my 318is. I noticed it was cracking a while back and had it welded. only thing I can think is that it was already sagging since it was cracked, and since I just had it welded, it ended up being welded at a downward slope.
                            Last edited by thebutcher37; 11-18-2012, 02:58 PM.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post
                              Anyone have a straight and true front subframe? All e30 Front Subframes are interchangeable right? 318i/is/ic 325e/es/i/is/ic/ix and m3?

I feel my passenger motor mount tab is bent down on my 318is. I noticed it was cracking a while back and had it welded. only thing I can think is that it was already sagging since it was cracked, and since I just had it welded, it ended up being welded at a downward slope.
                              Get it reinforced and welded. We've had more customers with broken subframes on the 318 then 325.

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                              1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                              1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                                Get it reinforced and welded. We've had more customers with broken subframes on the 318 then 325.
                                Seriously!!!!! It's the damn harsh vibration of the m42! :(

I'm about to order the reinforcement kit and look for another subframe to put it on instead of this one i have currently on the car, who sells kits anyway? I.E. Vac motorspots akg? Recommendations?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X