This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning people.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

work day is half way over. moving the future wife in this weekend, getting married next Friday, and still working on the e30 (not finished due to sorting out the electrical and funds)

ill be selling my 2 door Schwartz 1986 325es when the 84 is done being built ~1 1/2 months possibly~ needs work, but i DD it everyday. looking for around 800

i feel pumped today :) hope you guys are having a good day
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
        Good morning y'all and thanks for the responses., I'll be looking into some Meguiers products this weekend.
        The one thing I'm not clear with is "are there special polish/wac/compounds" for metallic base paints. I have done colors with much success.before but I'm always scared to do my own car because of previous fails.

CALLATE!
        just need to take it slow bro. If u claybar wash the car again after. Make sure its bone dry before you get to waxing, keep it in the shade, or do it at night with good lighting. Never seen any metallic specific wax only for red/black cars.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Yup. two bucket is a must and you can never go wrong with anything meguiars. Always dry using a waffle towel by meguiars and never a chamois. I have the porter cable 7424 xp and I think it works alright. Much better than by hand but I might go with something that can give a little more grunt. I am in the SFV if you want to borrow it. Always use a good wax after the polish.

Tape off everything as well if you are polishing, you dont want to get crap on your moldings, its a bitch to clean.
          sigpic
          TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
          FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

is this real life?

Comment

guess not
              '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
              '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
              Is that thing on air?

Comment

Which spring hat should I use? The ones that came with my ge coils or the ones that came with the camber plates?

The ge ones sit higher up than the camber plate ones.

Or do I just not know what im talking about?

Originally posted by yert315
                Your mother is plug n play

Comment

the ones that came with the camber plates
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Even if it sits a bit loose?

Comment

Aymen, make sure that when u do your installation, everything goes in correctly. Also, the spring hats use a set of needle bearings, that are sandwiched by 2 big washers.

Ask me how I know? I had a really long friday last week, after getting Nigel to guide me through and re-installing and switching out broken pieces.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

The ones that look somewhat similar to these?

Comment

I'd call Ireland and verify their race plates work with struts other then Bilstein but Shuan is running the same setup. Their website shows them being used with Konis

www.gecoils.com

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                            the ones that came with the camber plates
                            Why? The ones you have go where the spring seat is supposed to be on the shock. The camber plate ones slide along the entire shaft (giggity), which doesn't seem like a very effective stabilizing solution.

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                            Aymen, make sure that when u do your installation, everything goes in correctly. Also, the spring hats use a set of needle bearings, that are sandwiched by 2 big washers.
                            Needle bearings.. What? Where?

Comment

Yesssirrr those bearings.

Nigel; notice your picture of I.E. camber plates, they are at the highest setting of their coils and the spring that is being used, looks to be 6 inches tall and a soft rate.
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                                Why? The ones you have go where the spring seat is supposed to be on the shock. The camber plate ones slide along the entire shaft (giggity), which doesn't seem like a very effective stabilizing solution.

Not my design. They designed them so the load is transferred to the plate via the needle bearings and not the spherical bearing. If Ayman adjusted the springs all the way up, or place the weight of the vehicle on them they'd look the same.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X