This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
    I taped them off but things got dark and dirty. It's possible that it's not exactly right.is there even a way to fix that?
    Make sure the U-joints are flat in the same plane. That leaves only 2 ways to join the two halves - correctly or 180 degrees off. Should be smooth one of those two ways.
    -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
    Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
    Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
    Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
    Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
      Make sure the U-joints are flat in the same plane. That leaves only 2 ways to join the two halves - correctly or 180 degrees off. Should be smooth one of those two ways.
      In engrish?
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

In engrish?
        I get the same way when people start talking computer shit mike.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Haha I'm just tripping on 'same plane' still.
          1974 2002tii / stock
          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

In engrish?
            Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
            I get the same way when people start talking computer shit mike.
            :rofl:

Lemme try again, haha. Lay the drive shaft out flat and look at the direction in which the U-joints on the opposite halves swivel up-down and side-to-side. They shouldn't be at angles to each other, meaning that if one U-joint is flat on the ground, the other one should be, too.

The Bentley manual should have a pic.
            -Kalim

Comment

Sup?

im still pissed , i think dude flaked out or someone got the car b4 me. Such bullshit.
              Oh well in 2 weeks maybe ill just buy another e30 cash only. keep a look out, iv got 1k to work with right now, next week even more.

Comment

:rofl:

Lemme try again, haha. Lay the drive shaft out flat and look at the direction in which the U-joints on the opposite halves swivel up-down and side-to-side. They shouldn't be at angles to each other, meaning that if one U-joint is flat on the ground, the other one should be, too.

The Bentley manual should have a pic.
                Good thing my Bentley is at school :up:

I love dropping my exhaust and taking apart my driveshaft two days in a row. Actually, it's probably my favorite shit in the whole fricken world.
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I feel irritated that I don't know where that extra hood thing is, I always saw it and thought
                  'Wtf, nobody will ever want this, I won't need an extra one I should toss it'
                  and now that I want it I can't find it. Utter shit.

Mike, wanna do mine? :D my shaft I mean, I mean my knob, I mean...
                  sigpic

Comment

my car is up for sale guys.
                    1,000 for the car with out lights/wheels
                    1,700 with wheels
                    just needs a transmission and i dont want to deal with it.
                    Ktnx

Comment

Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
                      I feel irritated that I don't know where that extra hood thing is, I always saw it and thought

Only if you do mine first.
                      1974 2002tii / stock
                      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                        Sup?

im still pissed , i think dude flaked out or someone got the car b4 me. Such bullshit.
                        Oh well in 2 weeks maybe ill just buy another e30 cash only. keep a look out, iv got 1k to work with right now, next week even more.
                        Sup. Sucks. Flakers ftl.

Good thing my Bentley is at school :up:

I love dropping my exhaust and taking apart my driveshaft two days in a row. Actually, it's probably my favorite shit in the whole fricken world.
                        lol, inorite. I want to get my exhaust cut and put a set of flanges just at the point where it straightens out, like how all later 3-series do it. That's a lot easier than trying to get those locknuts off the headers. >_<

In hindsight, should have had that done when I got the new cat welded in. :/

Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post

:giggle:

It's gotta be around somewhere! That is, unless you gave it away and don't remember?
                        -Kalim

Comment

Comment

Sup. Sucks. Flakers ftl.

lol, inorite. I want to get my exhaust cut and put a set of flanges just at the point where it straightens out, like how all later 3-series do it. That's a lot easier than trying to get those locknuts off the headers. >_<

In hindsight, should have had that done when I got the new cat welded in. :/

:giggle:

It's gotta be around somewhere! That is, unless you gave it away and don't remember?

yeah man, the biggest thing i hate is ppl who flake.

Comment

Email from the seller:

Ben,

I just got back into town. I have another offer that I must consider first. I am meeting the guy at 530pm today. If it does not work out I will give you a call. Sorry for the delay in response.

So fuking gay , ima be pissed if i see this car on r3v.

Comment

Its almost like he is keeping you on the side/backup like a booty call. :down:
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X