• Show
Clear All

justified.

1991 325i
    flickr
    @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
      so i have some style 29's that i was really wanting to throw on my car. however, due to lack of funds i can't afford a 5 lug swap so i was considering getting the 29's drilled into a 4x100 pattern...i dont go to the track or do anything crazy just daily driving with the occasional canyon run. could someone shed some light on how sketch this is and where i can get it done?

I've done it before. Very BBK friendly wheels.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
          bastos naman kuya

2004 E46 M3 Cabriolet...she will be missed..
          84 325e "E30HB" :)
          IG: AJVishus_E30HB

Comment

lolol^

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

So my wheel fell off today.... One of the bolts had already snapped off so I had a shop extract it but I couldn't put a new one in. So I drove about an hour and a half on the freeway to get to Pomona and evidently another bolt broke. So the remaining three decided that they wanted to leave too so as soon as I got off the freeway and pulled up to a stop light the wheel fell off the hub. I was blocking the right hand turn lane for about 45 mins. I didn't break anything other than that one stud and stripping the threads so tomorrow I'm taking it to a shop to get the hub replaced so I don't DIE. Thank God it didn't come off on the freeway I would be e34less or DEAD right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
                So my wheel fell off today.... One of the bolts had already snapped off so I had a shop extract it but I couldn't put a new one in. So I drove about an hour and a half on the freeway to get to Pomona and evidently another bolt broke. So the remaining three decided that they wanted to leave too so as soon as I got off the freeway and pulled up to a stop light the wheel fell off the hub. I was blocking the right hand turn lane for about 45 mins. I didn't break anything other than that one stud and stripping the threads so tomorrow I'm taking it to a shop to get the hub replaced so I don't DIE. Thank God it didn't come off on the freeway I would be e34less or DEAD right now.

glad you're ok! same thing happened to me in the e30 and it was very hectic.

1991 325i
                flickr
                @sambhaskins

Comment

i wish i could of seen that. Properly torque your lugs kids :D

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

mine was caused by a stripped hub thanks to the PO..two lugs unscrewed themselves and the remaining two just broke in half and off went the wheel

1991 325i
                    flickr
                    @sambhaskins

Comment

They must have not been torqued down...lugs don't just break or back out on their own

Well I'll rescind that...I've had an adapter bolt break before, but I question their build quality
                      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                      1974 2002tii / stock
                      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

^this. Lugs usually snap because they're over torqued or just cheap garbage. If they backed out then they weren't torque enough.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

glad you're ok! same thing happened to me in the e30 and it was very hectic.
                          mine was caused by a stripped hub thanks to the PO..two lugs unscrewed themselves and the remaining two just broke in half and off went the wheel
                          Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          They must have not been torqued down...lugs don't just break or back out on their own
                          Thankfully the wheel came off when I was at a stop. The wheel is fine and so is my car I just have to get the hub replaced. I'm so glad it didn't fall off while I was on the freeway I would probably be dead right now and you'd be watching a story about a red e34 that flipped and caused a pile up on the 210 or 57 freeway.

Comment

^this. Lugs usually snap because they're over torqued or just cheap garbage. If they backed out then they weren't torque enough.
                            Two of them snapped off and then the other three backed out while going 70 plus on the freeway for an hour and a half.

Comment

they were cheap garbage. i torqued them down all down so i just assumed it was the fact the hub was stripped and they were shit lugs...

learning shit slowly

1991 325i
                              flickr
                              @sambhaskins

Comment

Just sayin, I've driven on three lugs for months without them backing out. Smart cars only have three lugs.
                                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                                1974 2002tii / stock
                                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X