This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
    is it wrong to want my e30 running a 1/2 inch from the ground?
    my pan is that high off the ground. and i should be dropping it lower soon too. although im raising motor when i do.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

Comment

Really didn't want to write my 10 pg paper so I installed my new aluminum radiator and tstat instead. Still have 9 pgs to write...
      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        my pan is that high off the ground. and i should be dropping it lower soon too. although im raising motor when i do.
        explain youself! and please tell me your getting a legit suspension this time. no offense
        ]

Comment

yes i should be picking up coils saturday. and ill be raising the motor when i do so i can drop it even lower.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

thats my question. how are u gonna raise the motor.. what spring rates?
            ]

Comment

what motor do you have?

im at 2 inches from the ground to my M20 pan. but i raised up up and made a skid plate
              -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
              -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
              MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
              Got Drop?? ;-)
              Originally posted by JinormusJ
              But of course
              E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

im going to be using jom vert springs, idk what the rates are on those things. but ill be using e36 motor mounts with an early model throttle cable bracket.

my feedback thread

Comment

E46 or E36 mounts and early model throttle body.
                  Chopped housings and front front fenders sitting on tires(adjusted settings too low accidentally) didn't even get my skid to touch the floor lol.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

what motor do you have?

im at 2 inches from the ground to my M20 pan. but i raised up up and made a skid plate
                    ive got an m20 with a raceskids skid plate.

my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                      im going to be using jom vert springs, idk what the rates are on those things. but ill be using e36 motor mounts with an eta throttle cable bracket.
                      for sure. im curious because i will soon be getting coilovers and wanted to go pretty low
                      ]

Comment

i wanna see your setup right now

i know its bad to cut coils, but is cutting off the half coil on top and bottom really that bad? and iv seen all the crazy horror stories- but i heard that a lot of people had done them like this without problems
                        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                        Got Drop?? ;-)
                        But of course

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                          for sure. im curious because i will soon be getting coilovers and wanted to go pretty low
                          dude for sure. come by this saturday hopefully and you can see for yourself. :)
                          i wanna see your setup right now

i know its bad to cut coils, but is cutting off the half coil on top and bottom really that bad? and iv seen all the crazy horror stories- but i heard that a lot of people had done them like this without problems
                          check my fs thread, pictures are on there.
                          cutting is cutting. dont do it. itll mess up the spring rates bad. just buy them used or new, its not THAT expensive.

my feedback thread

Comment

i have JOM coil overs right now. just wanted to see if i could get my rear lower on my DB E30.
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            But of course

Comment

why not just do bags?

Comment

is it bad that im contemplating a ford 302 swap?

Comment

Working...
                                X