No announcement yet.

junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is up for a Jyard trip, shoot me a text.

I love going, but sometimes I need that extra motivation to head out.

(949) 510-3694
    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
    1991 318is - Sold
    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by GodIse30 View Post
      If anyone is up for a Jyard trip, shoot me a text.

I love going, but sometimes I need that extra motivation to head out.

(949) 510-3694
      Lets do it.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Pick a part monrovia report. 1 red 325i stripped. 1 white 318 stripped. fail

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          any decent 2002s in the local yards?
          i am in need of some parts.
          Very slim chances anymore, what are you looking for?
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

is it me or are there less e30s in the yards now. Last year this time there were soo many e30s in the yards.
            87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Yard prices

When guy at the counter asks, "What car did you get this from?" Do you guys say BMW? I always get the feeling they're tacking on a couple extra bucks when I say BMW.

This weekend, went to the Pomona yard and pulled a interior B-pillar cover for my 4-door cause the pleather was peeling on mine. Took it to the counter and the cashier looked it over, i'm positive he was unsure what he was looking at and how much to charge. Didn't ask what it was but sure enough wanted to know what I pulled it off. I say BMW and he says $20. I eventually talk him down to $15.

You guys have similar experiences?

Comment

Private yard, yes, they ask frequently to get a few extra $$ from bmw owners.
                At PYP/PAP the prices are fixed. But morons over there ring up wrong items so many times and make u pay double.
                For example,
                You want to buy a connector of some sort, they bring it up as a sensor on their computer screen.
                You want to buy SI board, they make u pay for the whole cluster.
                You want to buy a lens, they make you pay for the whole lamp.
                F**kin stupid shit....
                » PARTS FOR SALE
                » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

The yard in Pomona off mission wanted to charge me 40$ for a crank position sensor!!! Fuck that, I went to PIck a part in ontario got it for 6$ :D
                  :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
                    The yard in Pomona off mission wanted to charge me 40$ for a crank position sensor!!! Fuck that, I went to PIck a part in ontario got it for 6$ :D

Anything good there?
                    87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                      Private yard, yes, they ask frequently to get a few extra $$ from bmw owners.
                      At PYP/PAP the prices are fixed. But morons over there ring up wrong items so many times and make u pay double.
                      For example,
                      You want to buy a connector of some sort, they bring it up as a sensor on their computer screen.
                      You want to buy SI board, they make u pay for the whole cluster.
                      You want to buy a lens, they make you pay for the whole lamp.
                      F**kin stupid shit....
                      damn your a good guy for actually paying for that stuff, thats the kinda shit you just put in you pocket and walk out with. i mean you pay 2 dollars to get in right
                      Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
                      HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

I never feel bad for pocketing little items, they try to nickel and dime you every way possible. They're fucking junkyard parts for crying out loud and every time I go their prices are more expensive than they were last time.

Maybe some people will disagree with me, but junkyard price ethics are BS. An eye for an eye....
                        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                        1991 318is - Sold
                        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Ontario PAP had like 6 E30s last week. Some good early models and like 2 late models.
                          sigpic

Comment

Certain yards are better than others as far as prices and fairness go.
                            it even varies between cashiers.

My favorite was on Sunvalley, the p.a.p. foreign yard only, same staff and excellent prices. tell the cashier (mustache or smaller guy) that Porro sent you.

the bigger one in Sunvalley with both foreign and domestic can be a pain, like making you pay for whole clusters instead of s.i. board only, in their eyes they'll never sell the rest, so they'll charge you for it.

the smaller one by PCH on Long beach, there's hidden jem's there. hit it first then go accross pch to the big one, one the way out, there's another a few blocks back towards 710, make a right and it's by dead end. sometimes there's good stuff there but prices sux ash.

Surplus military pants are great for missplacing parts and finding them later.

One thing I remember well was holiday weekends 1/2 price sales, place would get packed.
                            go the day before, or, do not go the day after a long weekend, it's like a tornado went by.
                            Last edited by fporro; 10-17-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCam View Post
                              damn your a good guy for actually paying for that stuff, thats the kinda shit you just put in you pocket and walk out with. i mean you pay 2 dollars to get in right
                              That shit doesn't fly at the small sun valley yard anymore. Homeboys practically strip search your ass with metal detectors
                              harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                                That shit doesn't fly at the small sun valley yard anymore. Homeboys practically strip search your ass with metal detectors
                                and dude is strapped !!! sig suaer 226~
                                bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X