• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Cruise 3/14/10 (SoCal)

It's a Sunday March 13, 2010
    Meet: 8:00 AM
    Departure: 9:00 AM

Please, please I can not stress this enough, make sure you check your cars prior to arriving to the meet. Unless it's a small detail.

General infoe: look for signs of distress like if someone is slowing down or comes to a full stop, make sure the first guy behind the person who slows down turns on their hazard lights or flashes lights or something to let the rest of the group know of such things.
    Use of your high beams twice if there are e30s left behind, so stop until we can form a solid group once again.

If you guys have 2 way radios or walkie talkies bring them with you to stay in contact with the rest of us. I encourage that you guys bring radar detectors as we do tend to speed a little every now and then.... ;)

The route will be much longer this time, so be prepared to waste more than a quarter tank of gas. ;)

Usual suspects start as followed

IRON-E
    Lifestyle 101
    Joey's Kid
    OBEY
    E30 Polak
    Einstein57
    E30_Fiend
    Autobot_Lazi
    Peerless
    Mammoth E30
    E30 Trooper
    Mcr Driver
    Balleristic31
    ak-
    Paukert 11
    MaRiLyN e30
    BMW325csi
    e30 3I8I
    Collin (e30m3)
    stinkydriverX
    e30 sdw
    JP_Slick
    84E30
    Robmespeedy
    Hyelifecl
    Kronus
    k wakasugi

Gas up your cars, check the fluids and be ready to drive. We do not want to go look for gas stations at the time of departure (OBEY)

Be prepared with some tools, oil, shop rags, PS fluid, Coolant and anything else you guys think we might need in case of a brake-down. :-D
    Last edited by IRON-E; 03-10-2010, 08:28 PM.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

potentially in if the route isn't way the heck out in Ventura...
    cars beep boop

Comment

i should be able to make this
      sigpic
      What's Crackiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnaiAh9hbzs
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSh9an26Ac
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgBCQUMOdo
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeasDMXRfGM
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhFVxnNmiIY

Comment

what time?

weekend warrior!

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          Ventura will be the next week when i get back :p

Comment

Edited original post

Comment

potentially in if the route isn't way the heck out in ventura...
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by bzboardz View Post
                +1
                You know this means both of you guys are out of this one. :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                  I guess I will just go to the GMRizzle then.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

I guess I will just go to the GMRizzle then.
                    Dimitri this is the thing, you'll only be in SoCal for a few more months then you'll turn into a NorCal gay and will have lots of better roads to drive in.

You'll miss our local shit holes and friendships so Just come enjoy this last drive with us dude. ;)
                    Last edited by IRON-E; 03-01-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

It's a Sunday if you can't figure it out, the day after the Paquiao fight.
                      Meet: 9:00 AM

For those of you who have rolled with us before, you know the deal., post your screen name and you'll get a PM of the link to point A meeting place and point B---Z til the end of the drive.

The route will be much longer this time, so be prepared to waste more than a quarter tank of gas. ;)

Usual suspects start as followed

IRON-E
                      Lifestyle 101
                      Joey's Kid
                      OBEY
                      E30trooper

Be prepared with some tools, oil, shop rags, PS fluid, Coolant and anything else you guys think we might need in case of a brake-down. :-D
                      I am getting bord of the roads we have been taking the past 4 drives lol I mean they are fun! But we need to venture out somwhere else.

Comment

IRON-E
                        Lifestyle 101
                        Joey's Kid
                        OBEY
                        E30trooper
                        ak-

I'm sure I can make it!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                          I am getting bord of the roads we have been taking the past 4 drives lol I mean they are fun! But we need to venture out somwhere else.
                          Hey, I've got an idea?, why doesn't someone else plan the route, make it safe for everyone, think about other people taking their families and just enjoying the drive not a canyon carving run and then come back and let us know what you got.

I'm not being a jerk Pooper, I'm just trying to play it safe because I don't have the baddest car to run up and down the canyons and I don't think you do either. Call me crazy but when did we become professional canyon drivers? I just want to cruise not run people off the road. Oh and if you're bored of the roads we've been on?, hell go to GMR and wreck your car like accident did, that's the way to go. :rofl:

just my

/rant

Comment

Hey, I've got an idea?, why doesn't someone else plan the route, make it safe for everyone, think about other people taking their families and just enjoying the drive not a canyon carving run and then come back and let us know what you got.

I'm not being a jerk Pooper, I'm just trying to play it safe because I don't have the baddest car to run up and down the canyons and I don't think you do either. Call me crazy but when did we become professional canyon drivers? I just want to cruise not run people off the road.

just my
                            haha all gravy essay, lol I dont wanna push my car and have others do the same. Im just saing a different area would be fun. Up there is alot of push on my car, I like the twisties but uphill my car eats the gas like no other. Still two weeks till this drive, I throw in some ideas k sugar plum

Comment

^^^i'm with WS e30 trece on this one :)

if you would like to learn more about how to handle your car on the canyons, then please come talk to me as I can teach y'all how to handle your e30s. I have taught many people on how to race their cars in different race tracks using different cars and it is 'cuz I have had enough experience and driving hours at actual race tracks (Willow Springs International Raceway is one of them).

To be honest with you, the only person I am comfortable going fast on the canyons would be Rob as I have seen his lines and he actually knows how to heel-and-toe/rev match upon entering the turn and modulating the gas during and after the apex. There are other people that I am comfortable with, but may need a little bit more practice especially after seeing their lines.

Basically, turn early because the goal is less steering especially during the turns. Brake early and do not brake during the turn as that can cause you to under-steer. Make sure you got good tires if you decide to turn quicker than the suggested turning limit (mph), otherwise, follow the limit when turning into the apex and accelerate your way out of the apex. I hope these basic info helps.
                              sigpic
                              What's Crackiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnaiAh9hbzs
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSh9an26Ac
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgBCQUMOdo
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeasDMXRfGM
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhFVxnNmiIY

Comment

Working...
                              X