Job opening in NorCal. Seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job opening in NorCal. Seriously.

We are now hiring for TWO postions. Cut and pasted below is sort of an advertisement for a position, but the bottom line is that we will know and you will know if you fit in.

Ground Control Suspension in Shingle Springs is adding to the staff, and we are looking for somebody else like us. We are all car enthusiasts, we work hard and enjoy building really cool stuff for our customers. We turn up the radio, we barbecue at lunch, and go to the racetrack on the weekend.

Every day is different than the next, and most jobs are custom made. There are guys here who can weld, who can machine on the lathe, and prototype custom parts on race or street cars. We need one more.

Here are some of the qualities that help you get a job with us:
    Enthusiasm for making the very best parts possible. Ideas to improve on what we have. The drive to be on time and make sure our customers are ecstatic when they open their packages from Ground Control. Attention to detail is a must. (very important here)

Please email resume and references, or fax to (530)677-9090

This is Full time, 8-5, M-F. Benefits available after trial period.

no drugs, no stealing.

I hate to be so upfront about the "No Drugs" policy, but if you meet us you will hopefully understand. It is a serious job, and somebody could get hurt if you screw up.

Jay Morris

click for email
    Last edited by Hellabad; 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM.
    Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
    Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
    Ground Control facebook page

I know I wont hear the end of this from all my socal buddies but... at this point in time I wish I lived in NorCal.

Feck, dude you guys need to open a shop in SoCal and I will head it up!!

Taylor
    Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
    Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
      I know I wont hear the end of this from all my socal buddies but... at this point in time I wish I lived in NorCal.

Feck, dude you guys need to open a shop in SoCal and I will head it up!!

Taylor
      the other way around
      Attached Files
      Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
      Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.

Comment

i wish i had some more skills under my belt. maybe in a year or two.
        good luck finding a the right guy. i know it can be hard.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

you guys looking for an IT guy? lol... good luck on your search...
          "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

Too bad I have no skills. So close.

Comment

Oh man I kinda wanna hop on this.

Shingle springs is pretty far from vacaville though.

Actually its only an hour.

Give me a number to call so I can talk? Any ASE certs needed? Base pay?

Comment

Sounds like a fantastic job! Best of luck finding some good people, I'm sure you will :up:

Comment

Wish you could have posted this when I lived 15 minutes away from shingle springs.
                  Turbo m30 drift car build.
                  500whp or bust.
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=256525

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    Oh man I kinda wanna hop on this.

Shingle springs is pretty far from vacaville though.

Actually its only an hour.

Give me a number to call so I can talk? Any ASE certs needed? Base pay?
                    ASE certs= works on cars for money.
                    Dirty fingernails=works on car because he loves working on cars.
                    You can be both

Let me explain the two positions.
                    One is pre-assembling suspensions, particularly BMWs. Mechanical skill and sympathy, especially attention to detail is important. But realistically, the parts are assembled the way GC does it, and not the way the factory or any school does it.

Second job is one or another. We will hire one guy and promote another up, or hire the upper position (if more skilled) and the underling will work with them. This position is more freeform, and some working on cars (R & D and shop car projects) is done, but mostly assembling and boxing kits and camber plates, and suspensions other than BMW (Porsche, Mustang, Honda, Subaru)

Jay
                    Ground Control Gallery

Comment

danny you should give it a shot. plus your straight edge so there will be no problems with drugs and/or stealing.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Well I am very interested. And will be sending you a resume! Actually, I'll probably hand deliver it.
                        Last edited by Danny; 03-13-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Some NorCal guys will be very lucky to land this job! More power to the GC Team!
                          Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                          EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                          FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                          NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                          Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                          ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Hellabad View Post
                            the other way around
                            what is that supposed to mean? Have you guys thought about opening a shop in SoCal? There is a huge market down here and A lot of customers to be had.

shoot me a PM, I would love to discuss some business options

Taylor
                            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

jay i just pmed you.

-ibarra
                              [PAKSIW]
                              20D .........
                              vmwerks :up:
                              ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X